Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Even the junky ebay air horn kits are obnoxiously loud.

I should show this to the wife....
She has so much rage riding on the shared paths where we slow to pass, use our bells (these are the loudest available) and still cop a spray from people.
And it's always from old(er) people. For me I have been doing it for so long I can brush it off but every time with her...

Attachments

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
She has so much rage riding on the shared paths where we slow to pass, use our bells (these are the loudest available) and still cop a spray from people.
And it's always from old(er) people. For me I have been doing it for so long I can brush it off but every time with her...
View attachment 383779
In that case, Airzound is the answer.

Flow-Rider

Burner
View attachment 383779
I haven't seen one in ages, but these were the fad for commuters around Australia for a while.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
As far as I can tell this is a typical Ballaratbag move. They can't get into a turning lane properly, how could they ever leave space on a single lane road?
Not to mention the lack of indicators, pulling out into oncoming traffic to get around a parked car or using a fucking roundabout properly. Ballarat has the most roundabouts in regional Victoria, you'd think they'd have figured it out by now!
Don't get me started on the fuckers who have to park right outside the place they are visiting. Even if it's a no parking zone.
Hahaha nailed the shit out of it, people would rather do 10 laps of Armstrong street instead of parking 100m away and walking. Also illegal U turns are on the daily here, how there isn't more wipeouts I don't know!

cammas

Seamstress
A bit of rant but I guess that’s what this thread is for. Of late I have been working on my front yard and getting the gardens back in order after western water and my bogan neighbours basically killed both sides of it, anyway that’s not what I’m going to rant about.

I live on what you would call a semi main road for our area, as I’ve been working out there I stop for a breather or a beverage you see the traffic going past, now it’s a 50k zone but that doesn’t slow them down. But what I have really noticed is the amount of people on their phones, as I live on higher side of the street as it cuts through the small rise, I get a decent view at the drivers.
One of the days I sat down having a drink and purposely watched them driving past, 6 out of the 10 cars that went past the driver was on the phone, some up to the ear talking, some holding it on top of the steering wheel pointed at their mouth so they could talk into the phone or just at the bottom of the steering wheel so they could text. One thing I did notice it was a vast array of ages from the P plater to the old tradie to mums with kids in the car, at one point two younger people going in opposite directions were both looking at their phones as they drove past one another. Even my granddaughter who’s 11 noticed people doing it and she’s a bit of stickler for things like that but I didn’t notice any of these people using cradles which is legal as long as you’re not texting or video calling. I think it’s the texting that really got me going as they were not even looking at the road if a kid or someone was to walk out onto the road they would probably not even have a chance of stopping in time, hence another reason why I’m redoing my front yard is to fence it and get some gates up.
Yes I do use my phone while driving but through my cars Bluetooth system and I find that can be distracting enough, let alone to video chat or text.
Anyway I’m getting old and grumpy but you just seem to see it more and more.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A bit of rant but I guess that’s what this thread is for. Of late I have been working on my front yard and getting the gardens back in order after western water and my bogan neighbours basically killed both sides of it, anyway that’s not what I’m going to rant about.

I live on what you would call a semi main road for our area, as I’ve been working out there I stop for a breather or a beverage you see the traffic going past, now it’s a 50k zone but that doesn’t slow them down. But what I have really noticed is the amount of people on their phones, as I live on higher side of the street as it cuts through the small rise, I get a decent view at the drivers.
One of the days I sat down having a drink and purposely watched them driving past, 6 out of the 10 cars that went past the driver was on the phone, some up to the ear talking, some holding it on top of the steering wheel pointed at their mouth so they could talk into the phone or just at the bottom of the steering wheel so they could text. One thing I did notice it was a vast array of ages from the P plater to the old tradie to mums with kids in the car, at one point two younger people going in opposite directions were both looking at their phones as they drove past one another. Even my granddaughter who’s 11 noticed people doing it and she’s a bit of stickler for things like that but I didn’t notice any of these people using cradles which is legal as long as you’re not texting or video calling. I think it’s the texting that really got me going as they were not even looking at the road if a kid or someone was to walk out onto the road they would probably not even have a chance of stopping in time, hence another reason why I’m redoing my front yard is to fence it and get some gates up.
Yes I do use my phone while driving but through my cars Bluetooth system and I find that can be distracting enough, let alone to video chat or text.
Anyway I’m getting old and grumpy but you just seem to see it more and more.
I regularly have daydreams while driving and observing the hordes of morons of going full 'Falling Down'. I'm not sure if a big bag of RPGs or a Gepard M6 Lynx with armour piercing explosive incindiery rounds would be better.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

cammas

Seamstress
I regularly have daydreams while driving and observing the hordes of morons of going full 'Falling Down'. I'm not sure if a big bag of RPGs or a Gepard M6 Lynx with armour piercing explosive incindiery rounds would be better.

I have said to the Mrs. about just letting a basketball roll down the driveway to see if they react, but apparently that's not a good idea :rolleyes:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I have said to the Mrs. about just letting a basketball roll down the driveway to see if they react, but apparently that's not a good idea :rolleyes:
You see that's the attraction of the Gepard. The muzzle blast braking their windows would get their attention; just for a millisecond before the payload exploded.