Old bike projects

Does anyone ever take on projects to rebuild old bikes?
I have a 2002 Craftworks frame in great condition though not original paint. It would be a shame to scrap the metal but I can't see anyone spending money to rebuild it.
It would be interesting to see if anyone has spent the time to dust off their old frames and bring them back to life.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sure do. Would be worthy to rebuild the Craftworks. If you have to bin it then throw it my way

The Retro MTB epicentre is at retrobike.co.uk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
what model Craftworks. As a fellow Crafties fancier, would be keen to see how it goes
I have owned 4 craftworks over the years..
Duel Slalom in mango orange
XCR in red/black
FRM 125 in blue
Rail in HSV acid green.
very solid bikes, good luck with the build

moorey

call me Mia
Doesn't need to be a full retro rebuild to have fun. I always regretted selling my old 222 I bought new in 2002, so when a cheap 2001 bike came up last year I grabbed it. Chucked on some spares, and cheap more modern suspension, and love it. Rides and pedals well enough to take anything I can throw at it, yet still feels like my old 222.

houli77

Likes Dirt
I've got an old classic v10 frame under my house in reasonable knick. Def keeping it. One day when I have time I'll build it up again, perhaps to old spec which would be funny or go full modern lightweight parts.

The thickness of the alu gusseting and tubing is just crazy. So heavy and over engineered, and yet cutting edge at the time.

The day I got that bike was prob my biggest bike crush ever..