Old DH Bikes "revisited"

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Old Down Hill Bikes

Pre 2000 DH bikes
Item: Dual suspension downhill bikes
Brands: Giant, Norco, GT, Kona, Intense, SC, IH etc.
Options: Prefer complete bikes but will consider frame only
Condition: Any condition as long as they are in working order
Wanted for: Restoration and riding for a group of old timers.
Price willing to pay: negotiable to what is offered.

Golf Pro

Likes Dirt
Hi There
I know Mark at Nerang Mountain Bikes on the Gold Coast has a 1999 or 2000 Norco, I think it is a Team Model. It has Old Bombers and he may also have old riding gear as well. He was wanting around $800.00.
Hope this helps.
BTW
It has all old type add ons on it and has not been updated to later.
The Rims, Bars, Brakes,suspention,seat, cranks,even the seat is Old School.
Here is the number 07 55962911

Last edited:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there was a guy at Lithgow State champs who had a bear. Don't think he was keen on parting with it though... Maybe he might know someone with one that needs selling??

dh old schoo

Just thought I'd make you jealous. This is the list of dh bikes I have.

GT Lobo DH, complete bike, 96 I think.
Tomac 303 Magnum, frame & shock only, 99 I think
Intense m1, frame, shock, bb & chainguide. Cant remember what year the m1 started.
Ironhorse Sunday, complete bike, 05 I think.
Just got my new ride, Giant Glory DH0 2010 clearance

Plus I have a Kona Cowan jump bike, I really think I prob should get rid of some of my old toys. Would be keen to sell the m1 to you if you are keen, the lobo I love riding, & the tomac is more of a collectors item, plus the shock is blown.

PM me if you are interested. I do have majority of the parts to build the bike, by memory I only sold the front brake, front fork & front wheel.

shaun7005

Likes Dirt
I have an old Giant team DH chillin in my garage, with dorado's. just needs a bit of love. that the sort of thing you are after?

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 2002 Bighit Expert complete bike, pretty much stock, only downfall is the ISCG Old tabs are pretty threaded, i cant put a chain guide on it.

Landon

Likes Dirt
Old DH Machines

Gota love old DH bikes hey. You want to get your hands on a 98 - 00 pull shock Schwinn Straight 8 that's not too flogged. They don't make ridiculous frames like these anymore. All that crazy movement of parts every time it hits a bump. I'm talking the version with the rate link that had 8 pivot points before you counted the floating brake. There's a spanking new 00 frame hanging from the roof near my PC. It's art and certainly not for sale. I'd have to be on my last crust before I'd part with her.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Gota love old DH bikes hey. You want to get your hands on a 98 - 00 pull shock Schwinn Straight 8 that's not too flogged. They don't make ridiculous frames like these anymore. All that crazy movement of parts every time it hits a bump. I'm talking the version with the rate link that had 8 pivot points before you counted the floating brake. There's a spanking new 00 frame hanging from the roof near my PC. It's art and certainly not for sale. I'd have to be on my last crust before I'd part with her.
I couldn't talk you into parting with the shock and linkage could I?? Would be willing to pay handsomely for them as its all I need to complete my NOS 2000 frame.

I have every variant of the Schwinn DH frames, all are NOS with the exception of my 97 straight 6 in bass boat maroon/gold which has been ridden. Also have a 99' Straight 8 in Black with Gold, a 2000 Straight 8 in red and 1 and a half 2001 push shock Straight 8's in black along with enough NOS swingarm parts to build 3 more pull shock frames if I can source front triangles and shocks.
I don't want to part with anything at the moment, although I may have another NOS 2001 Straight 8 push shock frame in the works as I have most of the bits to build a 2nd one, so if I can source the final part soon, I'll be willing to let one of them go. It would be sold as a frameset with brand new Edco rear hub, floating brake mount and fox shock (no spring)

If you or anyone else is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll keep you in the loop. Should know by next week if I can put together another frameset.

Last edited: