Old Giro Remedy Question

slowmick

38-39"
I have a Giro Remedy that was made 09/06. i bought it from Anaconda at the start of 2007. The box has a sticker on it to say it was distributed by Pacific Brands. I probably have the receipt somewhere. They were the hire helmets at Mt Buller that year.

This is I was planning to use it on some of the more scary Alpine Gravity Enduro trails. Problem is it has no Australian standards marking. It has a Bell Sports warning label, a size label and one that says "For competition use only".

From what I read no Australian standards mark, no insurance from MTBA. Does this mean I should use this one as a flower pot and buy another one?

It was $300 and it's only had a few runs (i'm a chicken) so i am open to suggestions and miracles.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Giro Remedy is apparently Australian Standard Approved to AS/NZ 2063 according to a couple websites advertising them..

Id email/write/call to Giro and ask for the document stating its compliance. As long as you have this certificate you should be ok I'm assuming, although obviously a new helmet with the sticker is always going to be better, and then they have nothing to argue about.

Giro australia
76c Maroondah Highway
Ringwood
Victoria
Australia
tel. 03 9870 6335