Old hydraulic brakes

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Item: Hydraulic brakes
Item Condition: preferably working but not a must
Price and price conditions: As little as possible (Max $20)
Extra Info: I'm chasing some old hydraulic brakes hopefully levers and calipers but I'm mostly chasing the levers. Working on a project and don't want to ruin new/good brakes for the prototypes. I'm in Canberra so ideally close by.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I can post you a set of basically brand new Avid Level's that I'm taking off a bike later today for $100. They are coming off a large hardtail so the lines are long enough to suit any bike. It won't have rotors though.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks Dozer but I'm looking at probably the $20 mark since I'm going to be taking them apart and messing round with them a bit. I'll update the add to make the price a bit clearer

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I should have some old XT (775?) levers you can have if mineral oil is ok. Let me check the bits box tonight.

How many do you want, both sides?

Could be calipers too but likely lower level stuff.

What about hosery?

I cannot remember......

Will reply again tonight.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That would be fantastic I will be using shimano for the final build so old XT levers would be great. If you have both sides that would be perfect but just one will still help. Thanks again look forward to hearing more. Cheers Jason

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Nothing that exciting I broke the clamp on my right hand lever so I'm trying to find a way of mounting the brakes. Due to the high likelihood of destroying the first prototype I thought I would use a sacrificial lever

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I have a set of tektro aurgia or whatever. Front with seized piston and rear working. Just cover post and I'll shoot it across. PM me.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks mate that's awesome I'll keep everyone updated on how the project goes

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I have a set of tektro aurgia or whatever. Front with seized piston and rear working. Just cover post and I'll shoot it across. PM me.
Thanks for the offer Calvin but I have a couple of pairs now so I should have enough. Cheers Jason