NSW old school hardtail frame 26" found

safreek

pink poodle;3134191 And that head tube angle...wtf???[/QUOTE said:
I would guess with some boxxers or monster t it would slacken it a bit.
PS: if someone has monsters for around the 300 mark feel free to let me know, I would take them before the frame for sure.
This would be my ideal but I am not that much of a dreamer unless lotto happens
Marzocchi-super-Monster-T-fork.jpg

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I would guess with some boxxers or monster t it would slacken it a bit.
PS: if someone has monsters for around the 300 mark feel free to let me know, I would take them before the frame for sure.
This would be my ideal but I am not that much of a dreamer unless lotto happens
View attachment 338494
Maybe fit a safety tether to the forks for when the head tube pops off?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the offer but am chasing something that's a bit different but not too unusual. Nothing against norcos, just want to be different.
No worries, being same-same isn't for everyone. I had a lot of norcos back in the day as they were great value for money. This one (the torrent below) is quite a different style to their other hard core hardtail, which seemed to drop out of the same mould for a lot of years running.

DSC_2125~2.jpg

Don't worry, I would have plans to paint the headtube purple well past the weld:thumb:
That's not the part of the frame you want to cut weight from! Remember purple doesn't increase structural integrity, it reduces weight.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Regards the change in description, you might want to consider an old school Kona Stinky. That was my entry level DH bike for about 18 months, and I rode that thing like a hack plow on meth. It sucked up everything I could throw at it and then I sold it on. I had boxxers on it and rode most of the DH trails from Coffs to Thredbo. Was a great bike, definitely bomb proof. You'd pick one up these days for next to nix, if you can find one, that is.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ The Yarra Valley guys had an absolute sale of madness on old school kona listed on bike exchange recently. Old stinky and stab bikes new from the warehouse for under a grand. Might be worth having a look into if you're going to broaden your scope.

I just had a look through the farkin archives to see what doom bikes were available back in the day and found this one:

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?269-Step-up-or-step-back!!!

safreek

Regards the change in description, you might want to consider an old school Kona Stinky. That was my entry level DH bike for about 18 months, and I rode that thing like a hack plow on meth. It sucked up everything I could throw at it and then I sold it on. I had boxxers on it and rode most of the DH trails from Coffs to Thredbo. Was a great bike, definitely bomb proof. You'd pick one up these days for next to nix, if you can find one, that is.
Definitely after a hardtail I already have a cracking good cove shocker14987025153701063306630.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
我不懂你的什么意思!!

"would consider an old style dually but cant think of any that really turn me on, cheap four banger maybe, 4 to 6 inch travel"

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but that sentence made me think an old bomproof Stinky - which is a freeride frame - would suit your criteria.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
我不懂你的什么意思!!

"would consider an old style dually but cant think of any that really turn me on, cheap four banger maybe, 4 to 6 inch travel"

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but that sentence made me think an old bomproof Stinky - which is a freeride frame - would suit your criteria.
Don't over think it.

safreek

That is a scary looking desk, monster, bundy and a microwave. do you work long hours? :madgrin:
Nar no Bundy, it's an old tin of beer nutz from years ago, I don't even drink monsters but had them given to me with about 100 v drinks. The desk is really just a stash spot for shit. The micro is actually an old radio, that's how old I am

safreek

Don't over think it.
This is true
I really only mentioned duallies in case someone was going to offer me a cheap classy schwinn 4,6,or 8. That is the only dual that would do me at the moment.
So to clarify, I am after a overbuilt frame that is a hardtail unless you are a philanthropist and will sell me a 4 banger, or straight 6 or 8 frame for the same sort of money. Some bastard stole my straight 8 frame a while ago. I am still sad

slowmick

38-39"
Nar no Bundy, it's an old tin of beer nutz from years ago, I don't even drink monsters but had them given to me with about 100 v drinks. The desk is really just a stash spot for shit. The micro is actually an old radio, that's how old I am
Does your radio predate FM?