Older Specialized Big hit 2003 - 2007

max_shredor2

Likes Dirt
Looking for:

Item: older style Specialized Big hit Expert (Small/Medium)
Price range:
Name your price.
Extra Info:
Complete bike, custom or stock. Not expecting such and old bike to be in the best of conditions. Preferably a clean set up. I used to have one of these and was forced to sell. Now looking for one like it back. Such a smooth ride.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Looking for:

Item: older style Specialized Big hit (Small/Medium)
Price range:
Name your price.
Extra Info:
Complete bike, custom or stock. Preferably a clean set up. I used to have one of these and was forced to sell. Now looking for one like it back. Such a smooth ride.
What type of big hit? Spec, comp, expert?
I have a small 2005 spec, the 5.5" single pivot model.

I have a mate who gave up DH years ago, pretty sure his 2003 big hit expert is sitting unloved in his shed still, probably a medium, from memory.....

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
I have an 04 bighit expert in a medium that ill be selling once I finish my demo. Its not perfect but for the age id say its in reasonably good condition.

There are some small scratches and the deraileur took a clip on a rock which elongated the rear drop out a touch. Has a bolt up wheel and its been fine for the last 2 years.

Specs incase your still interested

08 boxxer forks w/ dm stem
Avid code brakes
Sram x9 short cage deraileur
Sram x9 shifter
Pg970 cassette (I only have 6 gears fitted but I can fit the rest)
Manitou 4way swinger with 400 & 500 springs
Sunline chain guide
Almost new (done 2 rides) howitzer ext bb
And truvativ cranks (they have rub and shuttle marks)
Funn rear wheel laced to dabomb piston hub with green gsport nipples hand built by john at yvc.

And ill include a few spares

Another rear wheel
3 (I think) 24" tubes maxxis dh of course
Another x9 9spd deraileur

So what do I want for it........

How about $900 for everything. I love riding this bike and its so playful thanks to that super short chain stay so not fussed if the postage puts you off or if you prefer a bike you could look at. Selling it just means I have more money to play with for th 45 demo

max_shredor2

Likes Dirt
What type of big hit? Spec, comp, expert?
I have a small 2005 spec, the 5.5" single pivot model.

I have a mate who gave up DH years ago, pretty sure his 2003 big hit expert is sitting unloved in his shed still, probably a medium, from memory.....
thanks bud, I should've been more specific. more looking for an expert.
Pretty interested in your mates though so if he wants to sell, send over a pic and we'll see.

max_shredor2

Likes Dirt
I have an 04 bighit expert in a medium that ill be selling once I finish my demo. Its not perfect but for the age id say its in reasonably good condition...
yeah still looking, pretty interested. Can you PM over some pics?

And condition isn't a massive concern. As long as its fair and rides well.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Rides nicely. Like I said only issue with the frame is a chipped drop out but the rear wheel still bolts up fine. Pics yea ill post a few but it has 888s on it how ever im keeping them for my demo so it will have silver boxxer forks instead.

Also have a spare chain guide and the spare rear wheel also has a 9 speed cassette.

DirtyDingo

Banned
Just Ride nerang Gold Coast

Just ride bike shop in nerang on the GC is selling a brand new 2007 big hit frame with warranty for $300