Older SUV, what's most reliable

safreek

I thought you wanted an SUV?
More a vehicle that can transport lots of work shit.
When I went to have a look at the other car "someone else " laid a sizable deposit on the koleos so the deal had to happen.

As I look back at the last few days I laughed at myself for actually thinking I had any input into it at all. On the plus side it's got a bose system in it and a tow bar hole for my bike carrier

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
My 1992 Toyota 4Runner is just about to hit 300k. Will need a timing belt then, and a clutch soon and the aircon recently stopped working, but it is a fantastic car that just keeps going (slowly). I've owned a 1st gen 4Runner, Troopy as well as Golfs and Corolla's. You simply cannot beat a Toyota diesel for longevity. The build quality and finish stands the test of time too. Our 2007 Mazda 6 wagon looks like someone dipped it it in paint stripper and the door handles are starting to rattle, but the 4Runner paint and plastics still look good.
It's a bad time to buy though. I bought my 4Runner 4 years ago for $7k. There are a few on carsales.com.au at the moment with diesel's asking $10k+.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah no joke. Not much to yield in that hit. AU took it well though, passenger cell looked pretty good*

*I know it's very uncool to say nice things about AUs but I like them. You can't spell beautiful without AU.
My old man somehow inherited a shed full of 20+ AUs. Long story. But I was hand me downed an AU fairmont a couple of years ago and it was bloody amazing for a 20 year old car. That lazy straight six can do no wrong in my mind.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
My old man somehow inherited a shed full of 20+ AUs. Long story. But I was hand me downed an AU fairmont a couple of years ago and it was bloody amazing for a 20 year old car. That lazy straight six can do no wrong in my mind.
and how bright are the lights...