One day to ride in SA - need advice

MRO

Likes Dirt
I have a family trip to SA next week. I have one day to ride somewhere near Adelaide and was hoping to get some recommendations on where to ride from some locals?

I am from WA and probably a medium level rider, have competed in a few gravity enduro events and generally like to ride blue and some black type trails. I currently ride a Specialized Enduro 29. I am going to need to hire a bike too.

I am staying in Barmera which is about 2.5 hours out of Adelaide but will be driving to where ever to ride for the day. Probably look at doing 20-30km in the morning, then another 20km after lunch.

Any advice on which trails to ride and somewhere to hire a dually?

Cheers
Morgan

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Although it was maybe five years ago I have used http://www.bikeabout.com.au/ and highly rate them. They delivered to the trail head at Fox Creek and even went back to the shop to get some pedals when it turned out I had left mine at the hotel. Although back then the Fox Creek trail network was nowhere near what it has evolved into now, I raced a national gravity enduro round there in 2014 and the trails are among the best in the country.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fox Creek, gravity trails, XC and DH all in one place, more trails than you can ride in one day and even with a shuttle you would have a full day to cover them all.

MRO

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Fox Creek looks good. What about Eagle Mtb Park

Any suggestions on where to hire a bike from? A couple of the places I have searched seemed to have base model xc bikes. Looking for a good trail/AM bike with a dropper post - Trance, Reign, Remedy, stumpjumper, camber. I dont want to be too picky but looking for a reasonable quality bike.