One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Ross if you go then I'll send you a blackbook to get signed for me :p. Looks like its gunna be a really good event.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Minus $40 in my bank account...

No, but more seriously, I doubt there will be anything worth posting. I've only been out painting once and know shit all about can-control. Hopefully i'll slowly improve though, and have some ideas come to me at the same time.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Every time you paint you learn something new/make some kind of progression...even if its 'fuck that looks crap, not going to try that again':eek:

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Minus $40 in my bank account...

No, but more seriously, I doubt there will be anything worth posting. I've only been out painting once and know shit all about can-control. Hopefully i'll slowly improve though, and have some ideas come to me at the same time.
Where did you buy them from. $40 up here could get you 9 tins.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Every time you paint you learn something new/make some kind of progression...even if its 'fuck that looks crap, not going to try that again':eek:
I learned that tonight. Spent the first two hours frustrated as fuck with the fact what I was producing looked worse than the tags I wrote as a 13 year old, but spent the last couple pretty happy with what I was producing. Ideas are slowly coming to me, which is nice.

Where did you buy them from. $40 up here could get you 9 tins.
567 on King Street, Newtown, does 400ml Ironlak cans for $7 each, or if you buy six you get them for $6 each. I bought 6 cans and 8 caps (stupidly buying 5 of practically the same cap that came on the Ironlak's, and only one ultra-fat cap for filling, which I actually needed most) for $40. Where do you buy from, Dan?

Quite happy with the results though, from what I could see in the dim light. The moment I put the final dot on our last item the alarm on the building went off, which made things exciting.

Oh, and Harry, when you wake up in the morning, see if you can spot something new in your street...;)

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
They sell Ironlak/Aeroskills up here at Nurcha for $5 a tin. Usually when you buy 6 they'll throw in one for free.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Does anyone have any tips on making stencils? Not so much the cutting out part but more the actual designing and creating separate layers.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Today was pretty lame, brought the wrong paint and Crunch was clogging all my caps...but in the end it actually came out good as far as I'm concerned...

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Today was pretty lame, brought the wrong paint and Crunch was clogging all my caps...but in the end it actually came out good as far as I'm concerned...
Is that the same place you did a previous piece of the same style but in yellow and purple?

With the fireworks?

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^Nope but its about 500m away on the same strip of grass/little stormwater canal thing, so pretty good eye;) As far as I know that other one is still there, that underpass remains respected while this one is always getting trashed by little toys who tag 'lebos r sik' over everything:eek:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
this one is always getting trashed by little toys who tag 'lebos r sik' over everything:eek:
Ross, after reading this, I had to have a laugh. But I wanna ask you, how do you feel about driving around the city/suburbs you live in and see tagged shit all over the place? To me, it looks like an urban cancer. As a graf artist, what do you think? And is what you're doing really any different?

Note: Personally, I love good/great graffiti where it's done on legal walls etc.

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^Very common discussion point, a lot of writers have different opinions. I think everyone has their own set of moral codes as to what is acceptable and what isn't, I'm pretty conservative and not a fan of tagging on peoples fences, and private property type scenarios, but a lot are.

Generally I just don't like seeing toy shit everywhere, I appreciate a nice handstyle and good throwy, but hate seeing wack tags just slapped up all over the place. I don't tell people what they can and can't do either, if people want to go out and smash everything that's up to them, I just do what I want and enjoy, and if I cop heat from anybody for being a writer I blame all the shit stuff around on toys:p