One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
THat blue fill is super sweet. However I like that one above best out of everything that you've posted.

You know I only just realised the relevance of your avatar?

I'm a bit slow...

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I'm sorry Tristan, but your yellow dude is gone :(
I know. :( Anway, it's probably safe to post a picture now.

To those of you who care, this was the result of my first night out a number of weeks ago. He was pretty big...at least 6 foot or so. He lasted about 3 weeks.

'Ross

Eats Squid
You know I only just realised the relevance of your avatar?

Yer need to get a new one though, Im living in the past it seems:(
Im having fun with this simple 'funky' style, will probably become my fallback piece when I can't think of anything else:p

And Tristan you should have a look at some wheatpastes, the style of that little character just reminds me of that sort of genre of street art, the buff job on that wall looks terrible as well haha

Lemontime

Eats Squid
I know. :( Anway, it's probably safe to post a picture now.

To those of you who care, this was the result of my first night out a number of weeks ago. He was pretty big...at least 6 foot or so. He lasted about 3 weeks.
Seediest fuckin' corner shop in the world, hope the dudes get the fuck out some time soon..

'Ross

Eats Squid
So recently I was in Melbourne for a while, didn't do much painting really, but got a spot on a really sick production, not finished yet but hopefully soon....probably about 100m long and plenty of old skool legends on it. Might post some spy shots or sneaky ones that don't give away too much;)

One thing I did was meant to be a 'euro style' joinup with a few mates, but was more like a couple of random pieces in the drains not even next to each other haha

'Ross

Eats Squid
So which one of you was on Today Tonight unseen :D
HAHAHAHA, reminds me of some news footage I saw whilst in Melbourne of kids doing backons at Seddon station, also got in the Herald Sun....and I knew them all:p They will probably get busted now though, faces on the news is pretty redhot.

Those today tonight stories were hilarious, the amateur journo 'infiltrated' some 'street gangs' an 'illegal car racing syndicate' and the graffiti thing, where he interviewed some nerds in a drain then took some other nerds to paint a dead train and called the cops at the same time resulting in all of them getting arrested, funny stuff.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Those today tonight stories were hilarious, the amateur journo 'infiltrated' some 'street gangs' an 'illegal car racing syndicate' and the graffiti thing, where he interviewed some nerds in a drain then took some other nerds to paint a dead train and called the cops at the same time resulting in all of them getting arrested, funny stuff.
The fuckin' journo won a walkley for that piece. Just about everyone in the ceremony laughed when he was announced as the winner. The whole piece just looked so contrived....

Nice work for the last piece you posted 'ross...it looks fab.

edit: this one:

'Ross

Eats Squid
The fuckin' journo won a walkley for that piece. Just about everyone in the ceremony laughed when he was announced as the winner. The whole piece just looked so contrived....
I heard that, reinforced my opinion that those awards must be a joke.

From what I remember it was in Perth, the guy went around to a few popular spots asking people if they wanted to be part of an 'independent film' or something suss....naturally most people stayed away or saw what was going on, but a couple of amatuers agreed to do an interview..

Those other 2 idiots agreed to let the guy drive them to a dead train (which they sort of hyped up to be a real train sitting in a real yard) anyway the journo set them up and they all got arrested, the journo got done for trespassing and copped a small fine, and the 'writers' got some small punishment obviously, the funniest thing by far was those 2 deadbeat cops acting like they are psychologists and trying to explain what's going on inside the dark and disturbed mind of 'graffiti vandals' haha.

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
ross thats fucking maddogs. Loving the aks and heydees join up as well.

I watched the Today Tonight thing and thought it was the stupidest current affair snippet i've seen all year. It looked like one of the kids in the back of the divvy van was crying? Poor girly.

Seen some intresting things running in melbourne recently, Metro will have a fun few weeks.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those other 2 idiots agreed to let the guy drive them to a dead train (which they sort of hyped up to be a real train sitting in a real yard) anyway the journo set them up and they all got arrested.
Re-quoting again for the lols....

YOUR GONNA GET SPRAYEDDDDDDDDDDD

'Ross

Eats Squid
ross thats fucking maddogs. Loving the aks and heydees join up as well.
They were meant to paint right next to me, maybe use the same colours but were too lazy to come to the shop and wanted to paint in the shady spot:rolleyes:

Metro trains coming into effect will be very interesting on all kinds of fronts, wonder if they will be any better than connex.

Anyway I promised some spy pics of the production, hopefully Johnny is reading this because his best mate JISOE came down for a paint:p He is an incredibly funny person, and behaves and speaks pretty much exactly the same as you see him in the movie, personality hasn't changed a bit.

Motch, Unfinished green CKA by Jis, me with a sneaky throwy and blank space waiting for Marine piece...

My piece before it was finished, now with full background and stuff

Sneaky pic I shouldn't be showing, but gives an idea of the theme of the production anyway.

Unfinished sypa piece.

Unfortunately the big 'day of action' was the day that Melbourne had a flash flood, and not much progress got made, but I've now heard some of the big names finished their pieces and its on the home strait...hopefully it gets finished and proper join up pics happen soon:D

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Any of you graff types read this book?

Borders said:
Kings Way: The Beginnings Of Australian Graffiti - Melbourne, 1983-1993 synopsis

A comprehensive account of the first decade of the graffiti-writing subculture in Melbourne, Australia, this compilation pays tribute to the individual writers and crews who established the city's reputation as a global street-art presence. Beginning with the year 1983, this volume depicts the rapid changes in styles in these early years as Melbourne's graffiti changed from simple scrawls to intricate murals of astonishing complexity. Part visual encyclopedia and part social history, this compelling record details the events, spaces, materials, and folklore of what made up the lives of the early graffiti artists.
Is it any good? Bought it for my girlfriend's birthday, and because it's a fancy pants sealed art book, I couldn't look through it. Is she going to put her foot through it, or love me forever?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Any of you graff types read this book?
Ive got it:D

Its a very well made book and Puzello put heaps of work into it no doubt.

Its more of a photo book then anything else, most of the explanitory parts are just talking about the different writer names, the different crews and locations, it doesn't go into great depth and its there for more of a memory jog for the people who remember that era.

If your girl loves looking at pictures of graffiti, she will love it.