One mtb an e-mtb?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Egg-zachery FB !
I haven’t been able to ride for a couple of weeks due to an operation on my hand - it’s nearly ready to ride !

Can not Wait .

CHEWY

Eats Squid
The main reason I want it is due to the hills. I generally ride for about 1.5 hours and in that time only get 2 downhill runs.
This is what I use mine for, but I generally ride solo. For getting out for a quick blast after work and getting in 4+ DH runs it is amazing.
Its very steep where I live/ride, if the tracks were relatively flat or I rode in a group with normal bikes I don't think I would own one.

At this stage I'd go for an E-bike and a decent older/cheap regular MTB for the (rare) times I'm not on the e-bike.

Unfortunately I bought a brand new trance in 2018 which is not getting any use with the Ebike in the shed (and isn't really worth selling).

BB1

Likes Dirt
Resurrecting thread as new to the ebike game. Been wanting to try one for a while as a replacement for my trailbike (moto) which I loved but simply didn't have time to use.

Did a demo day and thought "these are better than I expected". Then I hired one and did a ride and explored a bunch of trails that I've always wondered what was over the hill. Wouldn't do it on a regular bike in case they sucked and I'd lose time riding trails I know I like.

Long story short - those trails would have sucked on a regular bike, but on the eMTB I had a ball exploring and found a whole bunch of new trails that ran off them. I find I'm using the bike for a quick squirt at lunch to blow off steam and as another mentioned above, as more of an adventure bike to explore.

Would I have it as one bike? I don't think so. I'm intending on using it to commute on as well when that time comes, but I think I'll always have a regular bike in the stable. I am now regretting having a boutique bike sitting there though, I'd be happy having a well spec'd bike from a mainstream manufacturer given I'm likely to ride the analogue MTB about 1 in every 4 rides.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats excellent !
As an aside - i 'feel ; they are not the best commuters - a commuter bike will go quicker over flatter terrain - its the hills that are eaten on an e-bike .

Case in point - i have a flattish ride i do some nights - bike is approx 10 mins quicker over 20km
- compared to my Fat Bike - so a fair comparison ? hahahaha
Ebike av speed 24kl/h
Fatty 17.4 klm/h
But I'm gonna test the theory with a gravel roady thing

Enjoy the ride - I still think mine is one of the best things I've ever bought !

BB1

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I traded the road bike in during the COVID crisis as I figured there’s a few months I won’t need it as the commuter! The eMTB also means that should I have time I can go ‘the back way’ and go through the forest to get my dirt fix in.

I’m not too worried if it’s not a great commuter, I’ll buy a gravel bike when things return to normal so I can do road rides and the commute, hoping that will be a jack of all trades.