VIC One Up Dropper Post Shim

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: One Up Dropper Post travel adjust shim.

Condition: Any

Price: They’re $17.95 for 3 on MTB Direct so $10 posted?

Other info: Currently our of stock on MTB Direct and can’t find them locally elsewhere. Can’t stomach paying postage which doubles the price from overseas.

Pictures:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Can’t see why you couldn’t just make one mate - why pay so much for a little bit of plastic.

How’s this for an idea: orificeworks has polypropylene “art board” A2 sheet in 0.8mm thickness for $4.19 a sheet. Grab some of that, use your picture above to scale and mark out a dropper template, few cuts with the craft knife or sharp scissors and you’re good to go. I’ve used that same plastic sheet to make front mudguards and I reckon the OneUp dropper template would be close to being the same thickness. Has someone got one they can measure the thickness of with a vernier to confirm?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
@smitho check out post #370 here on mtbr:

http://forums.mtbr.com/components/oneup-dropper-post-1075456-4.html

It's a post from a guy from OneUp actually endorsing the use of home made shims and apologising for their lack of availability. He has provided a drawing showing the required dimensions - the shim is 1mm thick, so my 0.8mm pp sheet idea should work.

An earlier post on that mtbr thread mentions making one out of a yoghurt container lid too. I'd go for ice cream myself...