One Up Dropper V2.1 clunking/noisy

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To close the loop on this I have fixed the rattle, turned out to be the cartridge rattling against the inside of the seat tube / stanchion. A few layers of tubeless tape so that it's a tight fit and problem solved.
I've also applied a heap of silicone grease to the shaft (nothing worse than a dry shaft) and lubed the shit out of the actuator foot valve jigger.
Will test ride on the weekend but seems 11Ty times better on the bench

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
To close the loop on this I have fixed the rattle, turned out to be the cartridge rattling against the inside of the seat tube / stanchion. A few layers of tubeless tape so that it's a tight fit and problem solved.
I've also applied a heap of silicone grease to the shaft (nothing worse than a dry shaft) and lubed the shit out of the actuator foot valve jigger.
Will test ride on the weekend but seems 11Ty times better on the bench
Do you still have a fair amount of forward/back play in the post when it’s fully extended? I’ve got the same 210mm and it’s always had quite a bit of play - I pulled it apart to do the electrical tape fix only to find tape had already been put on, so no joy there.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, the tape doesn't really impact on the play in the post that's regulated by the DU bush under the collar and the white nylon bush. I reckon replacing those will help with your play in the post. I'll refit mine tomorrow and test on the weekend.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Just bought a 180 oneup dropper with a standard action wolftooth lever. The post will not drop if there is any weight on it without significant force thru the lever. Can I get some feedback from other users of the post please? My bikeyoke didn't need this complete unweighting to function, just wondering if it's normal behaviour.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine needed heaps of lever force to actuate but hopefully the recent lubrication of the foot valve jigger will help