one weak leg

davehirst

Likes Dirt
My right leg is considerably weaker that lefty, i think this is why lefties knee is a bit fuc**d.
I have always trained both legs, i.e squats etc, so now i am doing single leg stuff, question is will righty catch up, or do i have to do extra reps or sets for the weak one

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Might be worth a try. I think it is normal to have a stronger or favourite leg - its your chocolate foot.

cammas

Seamstress
After having my hip replaced my right leg was weaker making my left leg work more causing issues there like mine knee, mine was visual obvious so after working on my right leg I have them pretty close now.
For me I worked on single leg squats, use a wall until you have the strength
When riding I would unclip my left leg and do 30 second intervals of one leg spinning, just find somewhere flat and go for it
Did some exercises using resistance bands you could get some from a physio or sports store, tie your legs together and walk while giving your right leg resistance, stretch your leg outwards or lay down and lift your right leg while tied to left
It won't happen overnight but it will happen just takes a bit of work and commitment or see yourself a good physio or sports therapist.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
My chocolate leg, the left one, was so chocolaty that it was causing me hip/back issues. I just spent a lot of time disciplining my vanilla leg by making sure the knee was not sticking out sideways as I pedal, making sure my hips remain level and stable and that my vanilla leg pushes through the cycle properly, etc. etc.

I got great results out of this after a month or so of discipline and riding 6 out of 7 days. Now the chocolate has swapped, I have to pay attention to make sure that my left leg is putting in at the same rate as my right. But the increase of power, speed and stamina that has resulted is really quite amazing. I would like to have been able to use a gym too but don't have a membership anymore and if I have spare time I'd prefer to be on the bike than indoors.