OneUp Dropper Post

sausage

Cannon Fodder
Anyone got any experience with a OneUp dropper post?

I got a Fox Transfer and its absolutely mint but with a relatively long lower tube I can only get a 125mm drop into my frame. The OneUp post will give me 150mm because of its compact overall design. Just a bit disappointed to get rid of the Transfer as its the best post I've ever had!

So would love to know its it's smooth, reliable or not?

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I'm selling my RF Turbine R (basically a Fox Transfer) because I need more drop to get a OneUp as well.

Interested to see replies.

Go

Likes Dirt
I've had mine for 5 months with a 170mm one and no issues so far.
Pros: Cheaper than most
Can use your transfer remote
Can adjust travel to suit yoir frame needs using shims. Takes 5 minutes
Can purchase cartridge if it dies for less than 200 bucks

Cons: nothing yet

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Loved my 170mm I UP. It’s been faultless thus far. Far preferred to the reverb which is my only basis of comparison.

For me there are 3 key features.
1. Most compact design. Can often fit more travel on your bike. For me it’s 170 rather than 150.
2. You can tune the length which is awesome for those between sizes of with kinked seat tubes
3. Simple cartridge swap service. Its cheaper than a rebuild kit for a reverb and you don’t need any fancy tools or an hour of festering in the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go

Likes Dirt
They seem to have observed and listened to the end user.
Affordable, ease of service, low stack, reliable.

I've had an X fusion Hi lo which worked fine although a bit slow to return and stanchion anodizing wore off quick.

Also run a Thomson on my other bike. Bullet proof but twice the price and can't service at home.

The One Up crew seem to have nailed pretty much every product they make.

Disclaimer: i do not work or receive free product from this company.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
They're an ok post but I'm not a big fan of the actuation mechanism. It essentially relies on the cable outer moving to push the mechanism in. This may be ok on some frames but was a pain on the Pole. Made actuation very sticky.

The seatclamp is solid and assuming you use grip paste on seat rails, seat clamp and antiseize on the bolts was noise free (unlike my Manic).

I'm not a big fan of the replaceable cartridge designs - too much waste. I prefer the Brand X IFP approach where the whole thing can be torn down, serviced and put back together.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I did have mine replaced as it was sticking on the last 10 or so mm of travel when returning to fully up. Mountain Bikes Direct were very helpful and just wanted me to check pressures and some photos and they replaced it. Funny as in the week and a half while waiting for OneUp to give MTB Direct some things to check the sticking did improve but they replaced it anyway. The replacement has been great so far, way better that the Reverb it replaced.

rsclio

Likes Dirt
I did have mine replaced as it was sticking on the last 10 or so mm of travel when returning to fully up. Mountain Bikes Direct were very helpful and just wanted me to check pressures and some photos and they replaced it. Funny as in the week and a half while waiting for OneUp to give MTB Direct some things to check the sticking did improve but they replaced it anyway. The replacement has been great so far, way better that the Reverb it replaced.
Eact same with mine so could be an issue
It does seem to loose pressure every time I check it though.

MTB direct sent me this

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your post!

OneUp has given us a quick step-by-step guide for cases like yours.

Step 1 - Start with post extended. Unscrew top collar by hand and slide collar up.
Step 2 - Actuate post remote and drop it down. Then actuate and extend it back out. This should allow the white bushing to come up the stanchion.
Step 3 - Grease bushing with a light suspension grease such as Slickoleum, Slick Honey etc
Step 4 - Push bushing back in, and tighten collar by hand.
Step 5 - Cycle the post multiple times by hand - OneUp suggest as many as 100 times to loosen up the bushings (hold in the remote and smash out some reps)
All this can be done on the bike.

If this doesn't fix it, send us a photo of the serial number and we'll get you sorted.

I did this last night but yet to test if it cures the issue

Stredda

Mine did seem to loose pressure as well. I haven't checked the new one as it's working fine but it might be interesting to see what the pressure is now.

BT180

Max Pfaff
My 170mm version has been perfect except for the plastic lever. Replaced that with a Triggy and it's been sweet. Had it for about 4 months. No issues.

Stredda

My 170mm version has been perfect except for the plastic lever. Replaced that with a Triggy and it's been sweet. Had it for about 4 months. No issues.
Yeah, I got the Bike Yoke trigger instead as I did hear the OneUp ones were a bit fragile.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast

MTB direct sent me this

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your post!

OneUp has given us a quick step-by-step guide for cases like yours.

Step 1 - Start with post extended. Unscrew top collar by hand and slide collar up.
Step 2 - Actuate post remote and drop it down. Then actuate and extend it back out. This should allow the white bushing to come up the stanchion.
Step 3 - Grease bushing with a light suspension grease such as Slickoleum, Slick Honey etc
Step 4 - Push bushing back in, and tighten collar by hand.
Step 5 - Cycle the post multiple times by hand - OneUp suggest as many as 100 times to loosen up the bushings (hold in the remote and smash out some reps)
All this can be done on the bike.

If this doesn't fix it, send us a photo of the serial number and we'll get you sorted.

I did this last night but yet to test if it cures the issue
After a few rides on my One up dropper, noticed it wasnt extending the last 10mm or so during the ride. A clean and lube of the post helped, but only until it got grubby again.

I've just done this ^^^^ so will see if it helps.
Other than this issue, post has been flawless.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stredda

After a few rides on my One up dropper, noticed it wasnt extending the last 10mm or so during the ride. A clean and lube of the post helped, but only until it got grubby again.
That was the same issue I had. I contacted MTB Direct who I bought if off, they asked for a few photos, gave a few tips from One Up but in the end replaced it. Took about two weeks, but by the time I pulled it out to replace it with the new one they send me it was working much better and was only sticking every now and again. Might have been a bedding in thing, who knows.:confused:

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
My 170mm Oneup is starting to feed a little grindy. Nothing major, just not as buttery smooth as a Lev or the Manic on the other bike. To be honest it hasn't seen a heap of action since fitting, so I'm wondering if just popping up the bushing and hitting it with a bit of Slicko might fix it, or whether it will bed in. Thoughts?

rsclio

Likes Dirt
My 170mm Oneup is starting to feed a little grindy. Nothing major, just not as buttery smooth as a Lev or the Manic on the other bike. To be honest it hasn't seen a heap of action since fitting, so I'm wondering if just popping up the bushing and hitting it with a bit of Slicko might fix it, or whether it will bed in. Thoughts?
The Slickoleum cant hurt it

Jpez

Down on the left!
Well my 170 One Up dropper is going back to the awesome folk at MTB Direct for warranty.
A couple of issues.
My 170 only measured out to about 165ish mm. No biggie.
It was always a bit rough. Slick honey helped that somewhat. Again no biggie.
I never really really liked the cable connection at the post where the outer activates the mechanism. It seemed to snag on my frame routing occasionally and would start sagging and I’d have to stop trailside and fiddle with it. Closer to a biggie.
But the biggest issue was that i couldn’t do the seat clamp up tight enough to stop the post moving around without it binding. So I ended up riding around with a lose seatpost hoping it would improve. It didn’t. Definitely a biggie!
Apparently there was a batch that were extremely susceptible to clamp pressure.

So I’ve been offered a new replacement One Up post or credit toward a different brand. Still in two minds as the price is so damn good and just hoping I got a lemon that was built on a Friday arvo.
Or wether I should splash out an extra $200 for a 185 Revive.
Decisions.

But seriously the good folk at MTB are so easy to deal with. I’ve had a couple of warranties for various things and they never give you a hard time.
I rarely even look elsewhere now when buying gear.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Well my 170 One Up dropper is going back to the awesome folk at MTB Direct for warranty.
A couple of issues.
My 170 only measured out to about 165ish mm. No biggie.
It was always a bit rough. Slick honey helped that somewhat. Again no biggie.
I never really really liked the cable connection at the post where the outer activates the mechanism. It seemed to snag on my frame routing occasionally and would start sagging and I’d have to stop trailside and fiddle with it. Closer to a biggie.
But the biggest issue was that i couldn’t do the seat clamp up tight enough to stop the post moving around without it binding. So I ended up riding around with a lose seatpost hoping it would improve. It didn’t. Definitely a biggie!
Apparently there was a batch that were extremely susceptible to clamp pressure.

So I’ve been offered a new replacement One Up post or credit toward a different brand. Still in two minds as the price is so damn good and just hoping I got a lemon that was built on a Friday arvo.
Or wether I should splash out an extra $200 for a 185 Revive.
Decisions.

But seriously the good folk at MTB are so easy to deal with. I’ve had a couple of warranties for various things and they never give you a hard time.
I rarely even look elsewhere now when buying gear.
What about going with a PNW dropper? Similar money and great reviews.