OneUp Dropper Post

gippyz

Likes Dirt
side question on the OneUp dropper, what sort of remote can you buy/use if you are running 2x system? I'm currently using mine with old remote from Thomson. Not ideal as the grub screw is tiny and get rounded so easy. Plus I need to sell the Thomson dropper with a remote and need a replacement for my OneUp.
I like the bikeyoke 2x remote, but the OneUp cable is the other way round (ball of cable in the dropper rather than remote). sigh..

doihoi

Likes Dirt
@northvanguy so it's ended up being a warranty claim, I'll send it off tomorrow and hope the replacement comes in next week
The issue was the pressure wasn't enough to extend it even when it was set correctly

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
I see that OneUp droppers are now available in longer versions. With shims you can get 10mm increments from 100mm to 210mm.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/oneup-announces-droppers-in-every-length-from-100mm-to-210mm.html
I’ve been eyeing off a one up post to replace a sagging 170m Reverb lately but hadn’t pulled the trigger yet. Glad I didn’t because looking the specs for the new version I’m going to be able to sneak a 210mm in its place! Geez One Up make some great stuff.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I reckon their new 35mm carbon bars look interesting too - they’re flattened either side of the stem clamping area, supposedly to provide a lot better compliance.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
@northvanguy so it's ended up being a warranty claim, I'll send it off tomorrow and hope the replacement comes in next week
The issue was the pressure wasn't enough to extend it even when it was set correctly
Well my replacement post is now having the issue of not fully extending. Definitely enough air pressure in there.

I've lubed all around the white plastic shim and under the collar....but unless I do that every few rides the post sticks with about 10mm of travel to go. Just needs a slight nudge with the hand... but not every time.

Annoying....

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
Has anyone had a problem with their one up post loosing pressure? My needs topping up every couple of weeks. It’s not a big deal but one of those jobs that’s too easy to keep putting off, so you ride around with a slow, saggy post until it finally drives you nuts and you fix it.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Has anyone had a problem with their one up post loosing pressure? My needs topping up every couple of weeks. It’s not a big deal but one of those jobs that’s too easy to keep putting off, so you ride around with a slow, saggy post until it finally drives you nuts and you fix it.
Warranty it.
Shouldn't lose any pressure.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Well my replacement post is now having the issue of not fully extending. Definitely enough air pressure in there.

I've lubed all around the white plastic shim and under the collar....but unless I do that every few rides the post sticks with about 10mm of travel to go. Just needs a slight nudge with the hand... but not every time.

Annoying....
Another warranty claim? Maybe this time they can send you the v2 that's longer?
I noticed, sometimes when I go to lower the post, I have to force it a bit then it goes down, then I do it again, it's smooth - so weird, but meh not too fussed hey

Jpez

Down on the left!
When I did my claim through MTB direct they gave me the credit towards another different brand post.
Maybe push them a little bit and see if they’ll do the same.
Seems these posts are problematic going by all the threads dotted around.
I’m glad I got rid of mine and wasn’t forced to take another in return.

doihoi

Likes Dirt
When I did my claim through MTB direct they gave me the credit towards another different brand post.
Maybe push them a little bit and see if they’ll do the same.
Seems these posts are problematic going by all the threads dotted around.
I’m glad I got rid of mine and wasn’t forced to take another in return.
I was hoping they'd give me store credit, but happy to give it another go. If it fails again, I'll push for credit.
I was told a few of the batch was faulty so hopefully the latest ones are better.