Online mattress in a box

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Anyone tried them, and anyone successfully returned one they didn’t like?

Baulking a bit at $2500 for the only one we like in the normal shops with no change of mind option…

indica

Serial flasher
Emma was REALLY hard to return - they sent the wrong one.

Ecosa are great beds. I have 2 kings and a king single.
Their bamboo sheets are freeaking AMAZING too.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Friends had one of those Koala mattresses in their spare room. I really didn't like the fact that the edges were so soft (presumably that's how it can be shrunk so much); you couldn't really sit at the end of the bed to take your socks off or whatever because it just sagged right down. Was comfy enough to sleep on though.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I have an Emma. Very happy with the mattress, bought 6 months ago. I am happy with the service but it was simple and I didn't have to try and return it

Staunch

Eats Squid
My brother bought a Koala which he didn't like, return process was relatively simple/problem-free from memory. He instead got a Onebed mattress which he rates.

I bought an Ecosa last year and I'm a fan. Before we bought it we went to a few mattress stores that was such a shit time, didn't want a bar of the sleazy sales tactics and huge price tags. I don't see any reason to ever buy one from a store again unless youre willing to spend like 8-10k on something fancy.

PJO

in me vL comy
Which shops have you been to in Hobart and what sort of mattress do you prefer?

Haakon

Which shops have you been to in Hobart and what sort of mattress do you prefer?
hardly normal (I really don’t want to support that fucker), sleepys, forty winks and beds r us. Options limited here…

Medium firmness, not one that sleeps hot and good side support.

Haakon

Emma was REALLY hard to return - they sent the wrong one.

Ecosa are great beds. I have 2 kings and a king single.
Their bamboo sheets are freeaking AMAZING too.
Ive read plenty of sketchy reviews on Emma to have already rules them out! You’re not alone on that experience it seems.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We looked for around for a bit and spent more than other brands to get a sleeping duck over a year ago. Love it. Best mattress we have ever had. Wife got firm on her side and I got medium.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Surely there is a nicely discounted EOFYs sale on the way.

We got some overpriced but hen well discounted mattresses at Sleep City. Glad we tried a few since it is one of those things that is hard to buy blind IMHO.

Haakon

Surely there is a nicely discounted EOFYs sale on the way.

We got some overpriced but hen well discounted mattresses at Sleep City. Glad we tried a few since it is one of those things that is hard to buy blind IMHO.
yeah it is, but it’s still a lucky dip as how it feels after a few nights is different to how it feels in the shop….

slowmick

38-39"
We got a sleeping duck for my daughter (King Single). It is a good mattress, not sure it is worth the money. Then again I haven't made any effort to adjust the innards to suit me as it is not my bed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
yeah it is, but it’s still a lucky dip as how it feels after a few nights is different to how it feels in the shop….
True, takes time to see if you made the right choice.

I would loathe to send back any mattress if it didn't work out during a trial period. Can't see it being a pleasant experience despite what they promise.

I'll sleep anywhere if I have to :)

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
hardly normal (I really don’t want to support that fucker), sleepys, forty winks and beds r us. Options limited here…

Try the Slumber Shop in Liverpool St. Bloke who runs it Gavin is about as straight down the line as you can get. Have got several mattresses from him and no complaints.

PJO

in me vL comy

Bought a mattress from the Ashley Homestore in Moonah about 6months ago. Have you been there?

PJO

in me vL comy
Try the Slumber Shop in Liverpool St. Bloke who runs it Gavin is about as straight down the line as you can get. Have got several mattresses from him and no complaints.
Yep, bought one from there too a while back.