Online retailers trusted/scammers

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Havent seen this posted yet???

http://www.jensonusa.com/

Have used twice. Expensive freight but are willing to add items not listed on site and order things for you.

Ie CRC have never responded to a special request with a yes. If its not on the site, too bad.

Pretty quick but some stuff won't be shipped.

Also www.probikekit.com

driftking

Wheel size expert
UPDATED :)

How long untill a brand new user posts up a site thats a scam. it will happen.
:couch2::spy:
Im waiting for this to happen, I will be wary to put up anything from a user with limited posts, Id ask that anyone provides a solid foundation for Scam sites submitted, although as stated in the thread any submissions will the users responsibility and If other users can prove the site it not a scam I will change it back if it is stated with enough proof.
So far as long as we get the trusted sites up I think we have plenty of places to buy from. Of course any +1 for a particulr site is still welcome. I wont be tallying CRC, wiggle, jenson etc as we will get 1000 people saying +1. .

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Mountain bikes direct and cyclingdeal.com.au

I used this Aussie store recently, a pretty new store, thought I'd give it a go. Fast shipping, pretty good range and some good prices.

Mountain Bikes Direct
http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/

Saw it advertised in AMB and they had 10% off if you liked them on facebook, and could pay with PayPal, so I thought not too much of a risk. I'd buy with them again. And I picked up some Alpinestars Moab Knee Guards for less than $30!!

www.cyclingdeal.com.au had good prices for what I was after and shipping was quick. They have an ebay store as well, but it was more expensive than using their online store.

I've used www.pushys.com.au, and they were good too.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bike-discount.de

Good prices, take paypal but $26 flat freight on every order, so spend up to make it worth while or get mates to contribute. Very rare their prices for tyres (schwalbe) are ever beaten by anyone anywhere even when including the freight. Takes about a week to arrive from Germany and dont send any bulky goods at all.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Has anyone used www.merlincycles.com?

They have been around for ages (I remember their adverts from UK MTB mags in the early 90's) but have never used them.
Absolutely...and I'd recommend them too. Especially their groupsets for the older bikes...bargain.

Also used & recommended:

Offshore
www.bike24.de
www.sjscycles.co.uk

Local
www.mymountain.com.au
http://erinabikeworxonline.com/

The former two are the place to find the hard to get gear that others don't have and their prices can be very competetive with the usual suspects...only postage costs can cut. The locals were fab simply for their service and help in tight moments with the occasional bargain thrown in for good measure...

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bike-discount.de

Good prices, take paypal but $26 flat freight on every order, so spend up to make it worth while or get mates to contribute. Very rare their prices for tyres (schwalbe) are ever beaten by anyone anywhere even when including the freight. Takes about a week to arrive from Germany and dont send any bulky goods at all.
A week! Gee, I have had 5 orders from bike-discount.de and they have all taken over 3 weeks. I think you got lucky. :heh:

Edit: I meant www.bike-components.de has the slow shipping for my 3 orders, oops!

Last edited:

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A week! Gee, I have had 5 orders from bike-discount.de and they have all taken over 3 weeks. I think you got lucky. :heh:
Placed one order Jan 13 had it on the 22nd and another on the 31/1 and had it on the 8/2. One was for brakes and the other tyres. Thanks for the heads up though if there usual service is longer I will be a little more wary...

driftking

Wheel size expert
UPDATED

bike-discount.de

I didn't put this up purely as you didn't post the actual link, If you can post the official address it would be best, that way we can make sure it is the exact site you are referring to, rather than me googling it and finding the wrong site.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
UPDATED
I didn't put this up purely as you didn't post the actual link, If you can post the official address it would be best, that way we can make sure it is the exact site you are referring to, rather than me googling it and finding the wrong site.
www.bike-discount.de (great prices, ship some bulky items, i.e. wheels)
www.bike-components.de (great prices and range, slow shipping at times, actually this is the one that i have had 5 orders with and waited 3 weeks for shipping, oops))
www.probikeship.com (french, pretty good prices on components and groupsets)
www.r2-bike.de (only stock the best of the best stuff, i.e. >X9, >XT etc )

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
So silentbutdeadly gave me the idea to improve the list with local/aus and overseas websites. So from here If anyone adds more or even if your generous enough to go through the list and say which country they are based or a simple OS in I will gladly add it to the list, that way we can make the decision if we want local or not.
When i can be bothered ill try go through the list and weed out all the aus based sites. obviously many are already done with there address with only a few been the .com

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
So silentbutdeadly gave me the idea to improve the list with local/aus and overseas websites. So from here If anyone adds more or even if your generous enough to go through the list and say which country they are based or a simple OS in I will gladly add it to the list, that way we can make the decision if we want local or not.
When i can be bothered ill try go through the list and weed out all the aus based sites. obviously many are already done with there address with only a few been the .com
I gave someone an idea? Usually I give people a headache so things are indeed looking up.

If you are going to carry this forwards then it should have Oz sites on it if only because Aussies are just a capable of creating a scam site (or simply being a rip off merchant) as anyone else on the planet.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I gave someone an idea? Usually I give people a headache so things are indeed looking up.

If you are going to carry this forwards then it should have Oz sites on it if only because Aussies are just a capable of creating a scam site (or simply being a rip off merchant) as anyone else on the planet.
what?
I was just planning on keeping the same thing going here as it but with trusted i will separate the offshore and home site that way people who want to buy local can do so.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Updated

I decided to go against subdividing the trusted into AUS and overseas only because sometimes aus sites will still source items from elsewhere. most people know which ones are overseas and which ones are here at home anyway.

Now personal update

Today I received my jersey from mxfactory. it took 8weeks for this journey not of which was mx factory fault.
I ordered the jersey for christmas through CRC, I recieved the wrong jersey, after sending the item back I was informed that the item was out of stock. 2days later the item was back in stock (instead of checking and knowing these things and just saying hey we get them in stock in 2 days we will send you one) they instead refunded me the money, after some discussion about postage and the fact I need to now spend more on postage to get a new one sent the item than became unavailable due to no longer been produced (or so I was told) I should have ordered the new one asap when it was in but with money in the balance I did not want to do so, until this was fixed. At this point I had pants and no jersey, not keen to send back my pants and find a new kit it was time to abandon CRC and go elsewhere. After some searching I came down to mxfactory who had the jersey in stock :).
After buying the jersey it took a few days to get it to me, unfortunately the wrong colour was sent. I immediately contacted mxfactory and was replied to straight away via email to send it back and of course postage would be refunded. I sent it back via express (yes they were happy for me to do so unlike crc who wanted standard) the item was there the next day. They were out of stock at the store and been very hard to get in Australia, at this point almost impossible to get, Josh had to source it from elsewhere which he did not only quickly, but he got it sent out to me asap. After giving the item a few extra days to arrive I contacted josh who immediately got in contact with the supplier who was meant to send the jersey and got the tracking number. I rang him back the next day (yesterday) and he gave me the tracking number and said it should be there tomorrow.
The next day the item was here.

While initially mxfactory did send the wrong colour jersey they were very easy to work with, easier than CRC and very prompt, josh was on the phone doing what he could and you can tell he actually cares whats happening to his customers. I will definitely be using them again. A nice bonus was the item was less at mxfactory than CRC too so that was good. :) overall very happy with mxfactory service and their support when it comes to fixing up a wrong delivery.

If the jersey really has ceased production then im very happy I managed to pick one up :) :)

For those who want to know its this one
thor_gearsets_core_phase_streak_red.jpg

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Massive thanks to cobba, took it upon themselves to organize this in alphabetical order, saved me some time and ill try keep on top of keeping it nice and organized.