Online retailers trusted/scammers

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Has anyone had any dealings with BikeBug customer service? Had a pump arrive faulty and have a few questions before I return, but a week of emails and a few calls has resulted in zero response.
I have, they aren't bad at responding to issues. But you may need to push for refunds/ returns etc.
Not as good as MTB Direct consumer service.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last experience at the Subi store wasn't great, they didn't seem too interested in the online sales stuff.
Yeah mine a bit the same guy who served me knew zero about mountain bikes. They occasionally have ok prices but I would only use them for click and collect not any kind of advice. Ausdb can you call a local store?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Yeah good luck. What should be an inexpensive and easy build is now boutique.
I would never have thought it would be this difficult. Seems mostly OEM parts for complete builds or smaller euro stores.
Should have purchased the complete
Ah well it'll cost me more but look how I want it.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I would never have thought it would be this difficult. Seems mostly OEM parts for complete builds or smaller euro stores.
Went through this a couple of months ago it’s a nightmare. That said, the good Aussie BMX stores - LUXbmx and Backbone are excellent for driveline and seat/pedals/grips.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last experience at the Subi store wasn't great, they didn't seem too interested in the online sales stuff.
They don't make anything from the online, it's a collection point for online, that's all. The drawcard of aligning themselves with BikeBug was to get more varied customers through the door and it does work., often ending with more purchases once the customer enters the store to collect their online order. BikeBug from the start was always road focused, given it was created by FRF sports. Only in the last 1-2 years has it had more MTB products on it.

Yeah mine a bit the same guy who served me knew zero about mountain bikes. They occasionally have ok prices but I would only use them for click and collect not any kind of advice. Ausdb can you call a local store?
They try their best with MTB, but the Subiaco shop has always been a road only store. If you want advice on MTBs in WA; TBE Belmont, Wembley Cycles, Empire Cycles, Kalamunda Cycles, Buy Cycles Carine, George's Bike Shop, R&D Cycles are all good.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It has become difficult to like things to be the way you like them.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
They don't make anything from the online, it's a collection point for online, that's all. The drawcard of aligning themselves with BikeBug was to get more varied customers through the door and it does work., often ending with more purchases once the customer enters the store to collect their online order. BikeBug from the start was always road focused, given it was created by FRF sports. Only in the last 1-2 years has it had more MTB products on it.
Either it's worth it to them or not. If it does bring customers through the door, you'd think they'd be a bit more customer focussed.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

They try their best with MTB, but the Subiaco shop has always been a road only store. If you want advice on MTBs in WA; TBE Belmont, Wembley Cycles, Empire Cycles, Kalamunda Cycles, Buy Cycles Carine, George's Bike Shop, R&D Cycles are all good.
Yes agreed, on the advice, I was actually looking to buy other stuff at BikeBug but they didn't seem that interested. Speedlite have also been pretty good. I haven't shopped at George's before but have all the others.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you have $$$ the pike DJ or fox 831 are around. The manitou circus is hard to find, but affordable.

Not sure about current model, but the fox used to be able to run 15 or 20 mm axle

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
took me a day or two to get a response, i think they returned my phone call before my email
First email to BikeBug was 19 June. Followed up with subsequent emails and calls the following week and eventually got an email response on 3 July. They were ok after that and have a replacement part apparently on its way to me as of 8 July, but I've had far better customer service from others I've dealt with (MTBD, Pushys, JensonUSA, CRC, BikeInn etc). Actually had better service from HK and Taiwan based eBay sellers to be honest.

smasher29er

Likes Bikes
First email to BikeBug was 19 June. Followed up with subsequent emails and calls the following week and eventually got an email response on 3 July. They were ok after that and have a replacement part apparently on its way to me as of 8 July, but I've had far better customer service from others I've dealt with (MTBD, Pushys, JensonUSA, CRC, BikeInn etc). Actually had better service from HK and Taiwan based eBay sellers to be honest.
Yeah I had contacted them because my order was placed about a week before orders through MTBD and pushys and CRC and they were arriving but the bug had not even gotten it in the post. The refund only took a day, so that wasnt bad. I would only order from them if I had absolutely no other choice or plenty of time.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
is the list just for online retailers or does it apply to bike company who supply directly to customer after they made an online order? I have a bike company that i would like to name, but won't do it if the list is applicable to purely retailers.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
is the list just for online retailers or does it apply to bike company who supply directly to customer after they made an online order? I have a bike company that i would like to name, but won't do it if the list is applicable to purely retailers.
Trusted or scammer? Either way, the info would benefit all of us.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's still retailing...