Online retailers trusted/scammers

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just put through a $300 order with Velomine again. Pretty much the cheapest place for fixie/track wheel builds.

Asked for express shipping which is an extra $20 on top of normal shipping. Should turn up next week hopefully.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Duuuuude. I saw it duuuuuude, but still want to know is someone has made successful purchases from them. Looking to spend fair bit of money on some forks and want to make sure. Dude.
If its on the list it means some has had a positive experience with them and would reccomend them.
The user who submitted the website should be next To the site link, If you want maybe give them a pm.

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
I used to order a bunch of stuff of Winstanleys when I lived in the UK and they were very good.

Not ordered anything from Aus yet so cant comment on postage times etc

driftking

Wheel size expert
Updated again, took me a few days to get around to it. thanks for the contributions. (don't worry I wont be posting every time i update just if it may need a bump or if I am replying to a post)

Any feedback from this one?

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/index.html

Looipking to buy some items from them. Cheers
Did you end up going with these guys? be curious to hear how their service is in Australia. as speedy noted he has only had uk experience with them.

iguanabartola

Likes Dirt
Rofl, dude. I can't help the fact i was a teen in the 90s. :p
:cool:

Did you end up going with these guys? be curious to hear how their service is in Australia. as speedy noted he has only had uk experience with them.
Still haven't done it. Just got hit with BAS as the friendly (not) taxman has taken what I had allocated for the forks.

The RB member who recommended this site did tell me via PM he had a succesfull transaction with them, about $600 worth of goodies and postage within a week which sounds excellent.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt

+1 for Wiggle, CRC, Velomine, TBSM and PBK. Bought plenty of kit off them and have never had an issue.

However -1 for hibike.de, I purchased a stem about 10 days ago marked as 'in stock'. Turns out when the website says 'in stock', it means 'in stock at supplier, we expect receivement soon', as clarified by later emails. 10 days in and the item still hasn't been posted.

0psi

Eats Squid
Has anyone used Bike Bug recently? I've heard from some they've closed up shop and from others that the North Sydney store is still open. Looking to buy a few things and was curious as to the state of their webshop, tried calling but didn't get an answer, mind you I didn't get a message saying they were closed either.

Melony

Likes Bikes
Torpedo7
Damn slow order a few bits 9 days ago, emailed them today to see what was happening with the order it is suppose to be sent today so far no dispatch notice.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Torpedo7
Damn slow order a few bits 9 days ago, emailed them today to see what was happening with the order it is suppose to be sent today so far no dispatch notice.
If you want to be put up as a negative user or positive user let me know when you get the package and make the decision. seems unusual as most people have good experience with them as far as im aware.

MrPlow

TMBC
http://zelvycarbon.com/?page_id=494

does anyone know about this site ? i bought one of their glory carbon down tube protector about 2 weeks ago and it still has not arrived yet from cairns to Canberra by normal post i emailed them and they have not responded either, i am wondering did i waste my $90 or what ?
FYI we were flooded out and sent an email to all our customers, except we missed special. He got his guard sent express.

special

Likes Dirt
sweet

FYI we were flooded out and sent an email to all our customers, except we missed special. He got his guard sent express.
oh ok sorry about the floods and stuff and that clears stuff up :) thanks alot for the express! as soon as the guard arrives it will be a +1 for zelvy :)

Last edited: