Online retailers trusted/scammers

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone ordered from Apex Imports ? They have good stocks of YBN (Yaban) chains, trying to avoid Ali, eBay and Amazon.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I have to give a shout out to 99bikes, if you need something it's great to be able to log on, check click and collect stock at one of the 3 local stores and rock down and grab it. For the commuter projects I have got a kickstand, gloves, mirrors, der cable, pedals, and they chucked me a couple of cable ferrules for free from the workshop (Phillip store). Way better than ringing up and the person has to go shuffle through the stock to see if it's there. Phillip is close and will be my LBS from now on for anything they stock. They were out of stock in all stores of the particular lock I wanted for Mrs bike so I reluctantly went next door and paid $10 more for it. The $5 membership at 99bikes makes pretty much everything unbeatable on price from anywhere else local, I've got my 5 bucks back nearly every time I've shopped there.

Hard agree. Never again. Slow to dispatch. Customer service is slow to respond, vague and flat out ignored my request for a refund if my order hadn't been sent (spoiler: it hadn't)
I was forced to buy something from them as nobody else in Aus had it, it was slow but it came, and was a very good price. I have just ordered a heavy duty dual leg kickstand from them that we're not in a huge rush to get (Mrs one still works but not great) so we'll see how long it takes.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I have to give a shout out to 99bikes, if you need something it's great to be able to log on, check click and collect stock at one of the 3 local stores and rock down and grab it. For the commuter projects I have got a kickstand, gloves, mirrors, der cable, pedals, and they chucked me a couple of cable ferrules for free from the workshop (Phillip store). Way better than ringing up and the person has to go shuffle through the stock to see if it's there. Phillip is close and will be my LBS from now on for anything they stock. They were out of stock in all stores of the particular lock I wanted for Mrs bike so I reluctantly went next door and paid $10 more for it. The $5 membership at 99bikes makes pretty much everything unbeatable on price from anywhere else local, I've got my 5 bucks back nearly every time I've shopped there.

I was forced to buy something from them as nobody else in Aus had it, it was slow but it came, and was a very good price. I have just ordered a heavy duty dual leg kickstand from them that we're not in a huge rush to get (Mrs one still works but not great) so we'll see how long it takes.
I just ordered some stuff through the Fyshwick store and they were really good. Price matched a cassette from Pushys and chain lube from MTB direct in the same order and didn't have to pay shipping. I know others have had trouble with them but the two stores I have dealt with have been great.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
92ZWBI2DP357

There you go, have mine.
Thanks for the kind offer. hope someone nabbed it. I really have to try shoes on these days. I have old (but barely used, because clip-ins) 5.10 impacts, but they say US10/eur43/mondo280mm on the tongue, whereas the size chart on pushys says
US 10EU 44UK 9.5271 mm

NFI if either are accurate. o_O

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Thanks for the kind offer. hope someone nabbed it. I really have to try shoes on these days. I have old (but barely used, because clip-ins) 5.10 impacts, but they say US10/eur43/mondo280mm on the tongue, whereas the size chart on pushys says
US 10EU 44UK 9.5271 mm

NFI if either are accurate. o_O
How old are your impacts? If pre Adidas the go for a straight US conversion. If post Adidas, then drop 0.5 US size. I was always 10.5 US in OG 5-10, but since the Adidas takeover I've been 10 US.

Looking at your numbers, I'm guessing pre Adidas, so you'd want to go for a 9.5US