Online retailers trusted/scammers

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Got a message from MTB Direct which no doubt many of you also did, appreantly they are cutting their marketing budget to keep prices low.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Got a message from MTB Direct which no doubt many of you also did, appreantly they are cutting their marketing budget to keep prices low.
I suppose private equity will always want to cut pricing somehow.

Edited to add, they have increased their staff load significantly in recent times though, so things must be going alright for them. Keeping staff on at the expense of marketing makes sense to me.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Anyone else had problems with Bikebug? Ordered a chain and some slicko 2 weeks ago. email them today to find the slicko was out out stock so they didn't even bother sending the chain? Lucky I no longer need it but thats some pretty ordinary customer service.

Minlak

custom titis
Anyone else had problems with Bikebug? Ordered a chain and some slicko 2 weeks ago. email them today to find the slicko was out out stock so they didn't even bother sending the chain? Lucky I no longer need it but thats some pretty ordinary customer service.
That is normal for them and many other retailers - Also many retailers have no idea when stock is arriving no matter what the supplier says - So they often hold one item waiting on another - Could they handle it better sure - but we all keep looking for the cheapest version of everything and then complain when there is no customer service (not aimed at you specifically btw)

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That is normal for them and many other retailers - Also many retailers have no idea when stock is arriving no matter what the supplier says - So they often hold one item waiting on another - Could they handle it better sure - but we all keep looking for the cheapest version of everything and then complain when there is no customer service (not aimed at you specifically btw)
Hard disagree. Bike bug were great but the recent merger with Pushys has made a mess of their warehousing. Lots of stories recently of delayed orders and many not being shipped/fulfilled including my own where I had to follow up with them after a week of silence then it magically shipped that day.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Maybe not the right place for this post, but does anyone know of a bricks and mortar shop that sells WTB tyres?

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Maybe not the right place for this post, but does anyone know of a bricks and mortar shop that sells WTB tyres?
Not bricks and mortar but I've been getting them from CRC when they come on special. They arrive in about a week normally.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Not bricks and mortar but I've been getting them from CRC when they come on special. They arrive in about a week normally.
Yeah, have used them in the past.

Had some in a cart on the weekend. Over $200 but still getting stung with bulky postage fee

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, have used them in the past.

Had some in a cart on the weekend. Over $200 but still getting stung with bulky postage fee
What about if you just order one at a time? Sometimes neither will trigger the bulky postage fee individually, but together will. Just check both individually before submitting the order on one! :p

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hard disagree. Bike bug were great but the recent merger with Pushys has made a mess of their warehousing. Lots of stories recently of delayed orders and many not being shipped/fulfilled including my own where I had to follow up with them after a week of silence then it magically shipped that day.
Looks at the chain ordered from Bike Bug and delivered promptly with no issue. Shuffles awkwardly.

Sorry, when Pushys had their free ship a few weeks ago I ordered all the Slicko - ordered 4 tubes, got 2 as that’s all they had in stock so if sharing warehouse with Bikebug then it’s in my shed.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
LordGun has WTB but its expensive postage. I just grabbed 2 x Mazza's from them with $56au shipping (38 euro), still worked out cheaper than MTBD's $98 a tyre and I was able to throw a couple of other money saving items in there too. Wahoo TickR that was at least $20 cheaper than they can be bought here and some shorts.

The only upside for the $$ postage costs is UPS Express, ordered this afternoon, might even be here this Friday or latest, Monday.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
LordGun has WTB but its expensive postage. I just grabbed 2 x Mazza's from them with $56au shipping (38 euro), still worked out cheaper than MTBD's $98 a tyre and I was able to throw a couple of other money saving items in there too. Wahoo TickR that was at least $20 cheaper than they can be bought here and some shorts.

The only upside for the $$ postage costs is UPS Express, ordered this afternoon, might even be here this Friday or latest, Monday.

Wait, LordGun is actually a legitimate site? o_O

It looks (or did last time I looked) like one of those borderline scam drop-shipping websites… I’ve never been game to order anything from them.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Wait, LordGun is actually a legitimate site? o_O

It looks (or did last time I looked) like one of those borderline scam drop-shipping websites… I’ve never been game to order anything from them.
This is my 3rd order.

They are super efficient ! You get notification soon after placing the order to say they are packing it, shortly after you get a UPS tracking number.

It's in Austalia in a couple of days.