Online retailers trusted/scammers

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Decent pads ?

I'm taking it the $55 - 4 pack is 4 sets ?
I got the "resin+" pads, did a short half hour of bedding in this arvo, though it's pretty flat around my joint. Initial impressions are good. They already feel as good as the fully bedded in pads they replaced.

EDIT: Yes it is 4 pairs for NZD$55

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I got the "resin+" pads, did a short half hour of bedding in this arvo, though it's pretty flat around my joint. Initial impressions are good. They already feel as good as the fully bedded in pads they replaced.
Cheers !

Decent price for the Shimano 4 pots and I know a couple of blokes who are nearly metal on metal.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Bike need more enduro...?

BroBike NZ. Bought 4 pairs of pads.

Placed order Monday. Delivered this morning.

I read a review recently about MTX pads recently. Went over to their site and they are like US $33 a pair. Yeah nah. But out of curiosity I checked what shipping is. $42 dollars!!! US!!! that makes it like $110 for 2 sets of pads!
I almost sent them an email just to tell them they can stick their fancy pant pads up their collective cloaka!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I read a review recently about MTX pads recently. Went over to their site and they are like US $33 a pair. Yeah nah. But out of curiosity I checked what shipping is. $42 dollars!!! US!!! that makes it like $110 for 2 sets of pads!
I almost sent them an email just to tell them they can stick their fancy pant pads up their collective cloaka!
Yeah I've looked at the MTX pads, and as you say a little bit pricey.

Uber bike pads price wise seem a better deal, but for $55 I am willing to give these pads a go.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
They have a dealer in NZ which might make the shipping cheaper https://goodstuffmtb.co.nz/

The pads do perform better than the oem equivalent, I run the gold and the red in my Codes. I have a discount code if you wanted to buy direct from the US but you do need to buy a few pack to make it worthwhile. I've still got three sets so I'm ok for a while.

Jpez

Down on the left!
They have a dealer in NZ which might make the shipping cheaper https://goodstuffmtb.co.nz/

The pads do perform better than the oem equivalent, I run the gold and the red in my Codes. I have a discount code if you wanted to buy direct from the US but you do need to buy a few pack to make it worthwhile. I've still got three sets so I'm ok for a while.
Thanks mate. Still twice the price of other options even from NZ so might try some other pads first.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

EDIT: Yes it is 4 pairs for NZD$55
Have had a few "proper" rides with these brobike resin+ pads now.

Can confirm they are pretty good. Better than the oem pads and better than the random ones I had in before these (can't remember what they were).

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Back on topic...

Has anyone bought from bike-discount.de recently? Still a good option?

Searched this thread and got some what back posts (2013-2015).

ozzybmx

Been a while.

As soon as you have an account, it selects our AU$ automatically as the currency/prices and adds some Aussie tax on the exchange rate.

Then the $62 shipping (40 euros) which is becoming the norm.

Bike24 and Hibike are still 20 euros.

All Ze Gees use the same shipping, leaving us at the mercy of DHL post.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Been a while.

As soon as you have an account, it selects our AU$ automatically as the currency/prices and adds some Aussie tax on the exchange rate.

Then the $62 shipping (40 euros) which is becoming the norm.

Bike24 and Hibike are still 20 euros.

All Ze Gees use the same shipping, leaving us at the mercy of DHL post.
I would drop Hibike from the list of places doing 20 Euro shipping. It seems they now calculate shipping after the order and add additional costs after the transaction. I would say 20 Euro is the base price and more will be added depending on size. It’s probably still better than others but far from transparent and a pretty shitty way to do things.

I ordered a couple of rotors, some spokes and a tyre and was charged an extra 7 Euro after the transaction was complete. Others have been slugged much more…

ozzybmx

I would drop Hibike from the list of places doing 20 Euro shipping. It seems they now calculate shipping after the order and add additional costs after the transaction. I would say 20 Euro is the base price and more will be added depending on size. It’s probably still better than others but far from transparent and a pretty shitty way to do things.

I ordered a couple of rotors, some spokes and a tyre and was charged an extra 7 Euro after the transaction was complete. Others have been slugged much more…
True. I haven't ordered from them in quite a while as their stock has been awful.

All we need is BikeComponents to run a freeship once a month and were laffin' :p

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Not an online shop query but:

Does anyone know of any Melbourne (and surrounds) bricks and mortar stores that have full face helmets for viewing/fitting/purchasing?

slowmick

38-39"

Does anyone know of any Melbourne (and surrounds) bricks and mortar stores that have full face helmets for viewing/fitting/purchasing?
Yarra Valley Cycles in Lilydale has a fair range but you'd need to bring a bike and get some pedalling in if you were coming that far.

Jpez

Down on the left!

Also interested in this. I tried on a 100% full face in Chain Brain Red Hill and it was the worst fitting helmet for my head I’ve tried so a try on is a must if spending that sort of coin.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Also interested in this. I tried on a 100% full face in Chain Brain Red Hill and it was the worst fitting helmet for my head I’ve tried so a try on is a must if spending that sort of coin.
Yeah this was my thoughts exactly.

I have been specifically looking at either the 100% Trajecta or Leatt Gravity 4.0.

The Leatt is slightly more DH orientated than trail/enduro so a little heavier than the Fox/TLD offerings but still a fair bit lighter than my old Giro Remedy and with better ventilation.

Not sure of my chances of getting to try one on though.