Online retailers trusted/scammers

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
Amazon hooks into the AusPost API and as soon as they can see in the tracking history that you have dropped it off they issue the refund in good faith. Rest assured if it does not arrive they will charge your card again :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Amazon hooks into the AusPost API and as soon as they can see in the tracking history that you have dropped it off they issue the refund in good faith. Rest assured if it does not arrive they will charge your card again :)
Still better than the jerkoffs of fleabay, still arguing with them after the 5th email for a refund on a similar issue.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Anyone had experience with Velogear? Order a set of tyres “in stock” on the 13th Jan.

still getting the run around regarding dispatch.
It’s a fucking set of tyres! Latest excuse was that auspost stopped them being able to print labels.

worth waiting for them to finally turn up or just get a refund through the bank?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone had experience with Velogear? Order a set of tyres “in stock” on the 13th Jan.

It’s a fucking set of tyres! Latest excuse was that auspost stopped them being able to print labels.

worth waiting for them to finally turn up or just get a refund through the bank?
Have bought from them in the past, maybe like a year ago.

Everything I've ordered has turned up

Flow-Rider

Burner

I've used them quite a lot in the past but not in the last few years, they might be a bit slow, but they always end up posting and fix a fuck up from my experience. 'The bicycle store', is also the same company.

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

I bought a bike from them for my daughter. I picked it up from their factory/outlet/warehouse in Braeside. If you ever head that way, offer to pick them up? You might find out the real issue is that aren’t holding the stock themselves though…

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

They take ages to respond. It's possible the tyres are out of stock and they don't want to admit it yet.
Twice I've ordered something that their website has listed as in stock, only for them to email a week or so later saying that they've tried to find the item in the warehouse, couldn't find it, tried to order it in, couldn't get the item so they offered an upgrade, store credit or refund.
I suspect they don't have many staff on customer service so they don't get around to notifying people of order issues in a timely manner.
Weird that they are coming up with excuses like that though.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

I have bought a few things from them but don't bother any more.

I have had the excuse run-around. It's not acceptable. can't be bothered with it from any business, let alone Velogear, or the like.

As Yuley said, An item "in-stock" might actually be in stock at the distributor. then, unfortunately, the distributor is out of stock when VG or whoever goes to order what you paid for.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Did a Pushy's order at the beginning of the week. Free shipping, everything in stock but paid for express post as I want it for the weekend. Looks like they only got around to shipping it today. I reckon that's a bit hopeless.
That's a given isn't it when you want something in a hurry, then when you don't need it straight away it turns up the next day.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did a Pushy's order at the beginning of the week. Free shipping, everything in stock but paid for express post as I want it for the weekend. Looks like they only got around to shipping it today. I reckon that's a bit hopeless.
I had the same with MTBD. Not that they give a shit about my inconsequential money or opinion :rolleyes:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Anyone used Biggride Australia? Yes I'm impatient but if you're going to have a chat function it shouldn't take 8hrs to respond. Are they in country and legit? They have messed with my weekend plans as the 'in stock' item is now magically 'out of stock' after paying...

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Anyone used Biggride Australia? Yes I'm impatient but if you're going to have a chat function it shouldn't take 8hrs to respond. Are they in country and legit? They have messed with my weekend plans as the 'in stock' item is now magically 'out of stock' after paying...
But didn't you get the last one?