Online retailers trusted/scammers

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Got a reply back from Bike24. They said all 511 rims have been powder coated for the last two years. fuck that.
They’re rude chunts too ze Germans.
Buke24 are fucked. Years ago I had reverb that was faulty straight out the box. Emailed them with video footage of it getting stuck on return and the guy was all good about it and tails me to send it back. Once I returned it I got a crappy email from some official nameless department saying there was nothing wrong with it but they were going to credit me for it. No replacement. No sending it back (if they really did think it was fine which it wasn’t) no refund - just store credit. Was total bullshit.

EDIT: I should add that I’ve gone out of my way to shop elsewhere since. Including buying an anodised ex511 rim from bike components in September last year.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
They have at last responded with apologies re comms/stock levels. The price for what I've bought is the best I've found and the weekend has passed so I'm now committed to waiting for the part to land from the US and get 'priority' shipped to me.
Replying to myself to keep a record of dates (as the record of online chat has been deleted on the Biggride website). It was supposed to be 5-8 days from the US 17 days ago. Response to requests for updates ignored/not replied to.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Replying to myself to keep a record of dates (as the record of online chat has been deleted on the Biggride website). It was supposed to be 5-8 days from the US 17 days ago. Response to requests for updates ignored/not replied to.
Oh. I bought something from Bigride ‘Australia’ last week and still no shipping notification. I sent a request for an update. Nothing.
I hate how overseas sites create an ‘Australian’ store as though they are based here. Bit like EBay where what you think is coming from here is actually being sent from China on a shitty fishing trawler or something.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Thing is, I think BiggRide is actually an AU company. Certainly when I bought a few Syntace things years ago, some came from their location which I think was in Willoughby NSW somehwere and some came from 81 Spices. I think they just don't hold any stock these days and hope the customer deals with it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Thing is, I think BiggRide is actually an AU company. Certainly when I bought a few Syntace things years ago, some came from their location which I think was in Willoughby NSW somehwere and some came from 81 Spices. I think they just don't hold any stock these days and hope the customer deals with it.
Ah yes. You are correct. I think it’s someone else I’m thinking of.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Oh yes. That’s right. Biggride. I remember now I bought something a year or so ago and after getting no shipping notification I email and got almost this exact same reply.
What a shitty way to operate.
49CE04DF-6B83-4C6F-80F0-EB058C8060A9.jpeg

Jpez

Down on the left!
Update from Biggride. After a threat last week of reporting them to the ACCC a paypal refund appeared this morning. Shit way to run a business. They are in the same bandwidth as dodgy marketplace sellers as far as I am concerned.
I asked them to refund my order. 2 days later I get a notification that my email was rejected because it was ‘spam’. We’d had correspondence previously from same email so I dunno if their systems just flagged it for some weird reason or he’s somehow pressed a ‘reject email’ button to avoid having to cancel the order.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I asked them to refund my order. 2 days later I get a notification that my email was rejected because it was ‘spam’. We’d had correspondence previously from same email so I dunno if their systems just flagged it for some weird reason or he’s somehow pressed a ‘reject email’ button to avoid having to cancel the order.
Talk to Consumer Affairs Vic ASAP. https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/contact-us

Remember defcon cycles?..... plenty of people got burned

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I watched unthinkable the other night. It could have been so much more...and didn't contain anything too unthinkable.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Chain Reaction and Wiggle seems to have bought the same website platform that MTB Direct tried out. All of the useful filters have disappeared including the all important "in stock" one.
It looks cheap and nasty, like VeloGear.

New PR team: hey, let's change the logo and layout that people know and trust and make it toally new and different so it looks like we've been hacked.
Wiggle Execs: sure, whatevz man.

Screenshot_20230426-123911.png

Isildur

The Real Pedant
It looks cheap and nasty, like VeloGear.

New PR team: hey, let's change the logo and layout that people know and trust and make it toally new and different so it looks like we've been hacked.
Wiggle Execs: sure, whatevz man.

View attachment 399114
I 100% for sure thought that had to be a really crappy Meme you posted there. But FFS it's actually their site!

Holy Jesus in a handbasket someone is getting the firing stick off that platform change.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Wow crcs new site sucks bad. This is one of those classic MBA-moments where someone obviously who has no clue is calling the shots. Waiting for tiktoks to appear on the site.

Removed, most heavily discounted too. There goes my impulse buys. Shambles.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wow crcs new site sucks bad. This is one of those classic MBA-moments where someone obviously who has no clue is calling the shots. Waiting for tiktoks to appear on the site.

Removed, most heavily discounted too. There goes my impulse buys. Shambles.
100%. It's fucked. "get your wiggle on" "we're always up for it" :rolleyes:
Christ on a fucking bike, all the thought bubbles from a series of heavy Peruvian marching powder sessions made it onto the live site.
Stupid Stupid Stupid.