Online retailers trusted/scammers

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Just received all my kit from bike-discount.de and the brakes are most certainly the wrong way round

Only dawned on me after I ordered them but never mind, nothing I cant fix.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Plus one to www.probikeshop.com, placed my order on Sunday and UPS tracking indicates it's on the way. Will update my experience once received.
A good range of gear and on par prices, fixed rate shipping so best to ensure that your cart is full.

UPS.jpg

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
How good are Pushys !

Ordered a headset this morning at 8:17am, got a shipping notification at 8:50am. Sent by courier too so it'll probably be at my door (in Brisbane) when I get home this arvo.

With an advertised discount voucher it was $10 more than Wiggle (who didn't have the right colour anyway) and $60 cheaper than CRC.

Pushys have a great warranty process too, which I am currently in the middle of. Advised them of the issue and then immediately sent me a pre-paid postage label to attach to the box and send back to them.

Use them even when they are slightly more expensive !

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Big shout out to Bike-discount in De. The best CS I've had from all the German sites (yes I've done them all). I had a warranty issue that was bordering on my fault and could of easily be deemed my fault and no obligation for recourse. A lot of emails back and forth to the German dist. And to the manufacturer in Taiwan (it is a brand new to market product) sees me receiving a replacement direct from Taiwan express post courtesy of the German dist. Christian at bike discount phoned me to apologise for any delays and explain what happened, where it has been and went. Kudos

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have used Niagara cycles from the US a few times and some of their prices can be high but they have a lot of Rockshox service parts. The service has been great, if you pick the cheap mail it will be a bit slow to receive your parts.
http://www.niagaracycle.com/

Flow-Rider

Burner
How good are Pushys !

Ordered a headset this morning at 8:17am, got a shipping notification at 8:50am. Sent by courier too so it'll probably be at my door (in Brisbane) when I get home this arvo.

With an advertised discount voucher it was $10 more than Wiggle (who didn't have the right colour anyway) and $60 cheaper than CRC.

Pushys have a great warranty process too, which I am currently in the middle of. Advised them of the issue and then immediately sent me a pre-paid postage label to attach to the box and send back to them.

Agree, they are really good. I wait for specials and try to order everything in one hit to save on postage.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Big shout out to Bike-discount in De. The best CS I've had from all the German sites (yes I've done them all). I had a warranty issue that was bordering on my fault and could of easily be deemed my fault and no obligation for recourse. A lot of emails back and forth to the German dist. And to the manufacturer in Taiwan (it is a brand new to market product) sees me receiving a replacement direct from Taiwan express post courtesy of the German dist. Christian at bike discount phoned me to apologise for any delays and explain what happened, where it has been and went. Kudos
Wow, good outcome - surprisingly for some reason.
I've had a warranty claim through bike24 previously which was fine but did take about 2 months in the end.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big ups to For the riders!

Took a couple of days to post an item and off their own bat upgraded me to express postage.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I have used Niagara cycles from the US a few times and some of their prices can be high but they have a lot of Rockshox service parts. The service has been great, if you pick the cheap mail it will be a bit slow to receive your parts.
http://www.niagaracycle.com/
Added thankyou for supplying the exact address.

+1

How good are Pushys !

Agree, they are really good. I wait for specials and try to order everything in one hit to save on postage.
I added both of you +1 for pushies.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I will ask anyone who wants to plus one if you can take the time to put in the address of the site, even though its already on the list, this just ensures that the site you used and are recommending is correct and the exact one listed. As I said in the thread earlier I do not check the sites periodically or at all, This is just a place for all users to say who they have used and their experience, therefore webpages may change overtime without the list been updated. By linking the site you are +1 it makes sure your +1 goes to the right site.

It also means if a website does update their page and the address listed is currently out of date, we can find that out at the same time.

Of course anyone buying off any of the websites does so at their own choice and responsibility, opinions of the site don't mean everyone will have the same experience, But It would be ideal to make sure your recommendation does go to the right place.

DK

Last edited:

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a really good experience with Worldwide Cyclery

http://www.worldwidecyclery.com/

Bought a shock off their eBay store. Had an issue with it that required sending it back for warranty. Turned out it was not a warranty claim but the retailer and manufacturer did me a good deal and the retailer covered postage (which they didn't have to do) so it ended up being really cheap fix.

Highly recommended!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ are awesome.

Placed an order, got a call a few hours later from them apologising profusely that an item wasn't in the warehouse & offered a refund on that item or to wait for it to come in from the importer.

I elected to wait a few days, then got another call saying that they will make two shipments (one from them, the other direct from the importer) as they didn't want me to wait any longer.

Both items turned up in less than a week, which I was very happy with.

Communication like this from a local vendor is really rare!

stirk

Burner
https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/ are awesome.

Placed an order, got a call a few hours later from them apologising profusely that an item wasn't in the warehouse & offered a refund on that item or to wait for it to come in from the importer.

I elected to wait a few days, then got another call saying that they will make two shipments (one from them, the other direct from the importer) as they didn't want me to wait any longer.

Both items turned up in less than a week, which I was very happy with.

Communication like this from a local vendor is really rare!
What, and no mention of the mint! :tsk: