Online Stores List and Info

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
here's my favourite recovery drink and another example of where distributors are controlling online stores.
google search (so gives world wide search results)

Well look at that, CRC, Wildfire and I know Wiggle as well have it listed) $44.99 That's what I've paid previously) bargain BUT. click on link A$AUD.

Google Search:
SISGoogle.PNG

Click on LINK. NO Science in Sport Rego 1.5KGS as A$AUD. Not in STOCK.

SIS_CRC.PNG

NOW change AUD to UK and delivery to UK. In Stock!!

SIS_CRC_UK.PNG

Calvin27

Eats Squid
here's my favourite recovery drink and another example of where distributors are controlling online stores.
Generally I just stop buying outright. I lasted without a garmin device before they saw the light. Same for thule and other items. It's what shits me about all them bs free trade deals that supposedly make us better. Ten they go an slap on GST and it's leveling the field. /endrant.

moorey

call me Mia
Fanatic Bike Co in NY. Anyone heard of them or used them? My mate just ordered shock from them, and most of the first few FB reviews I looked at were from people who’s profile looked fake.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Got to put a massive 'thank you' out to the folk at MountainBikesDirect.com.au for some truly awesome customer service recently.

I bought a direct-drive smart trainer from them the week before last. They were super fast to freight the item (like always) - I got it assembled, made sure everything worked, then left it 'til the next day. Went to use it the next day and "crack, Crack, CRACK - SNAP!!!" - there goes the internal belt. :( Contacted them to let them know what happened, went through the usual describe the fault, take a few pics to show the unit hasn't been damaged by me, etc... I was given the option to have them pay to have it sent back and repaired, send me the parts to repair it, or send the unit back for full credit. I eventually decided to go with the full credit as I wasn't confident with the unit over the long term. They arranged for the local supplier's rep to pick it up, quickly sent me a full credit - including for the postage - and even put a little credit on my account (I'm not even sure why tbh, but very generous regardless and certainly leaves a positive memory of the interaction...). This was all conducted via e-mail, and even though I received responses from several different people it always felt like one smooth (and consistent) conversation. It really doesn't get any better than that!

Will definitely be buying more from them! :)

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have had a very similar experience with a wheelset I ordered arriving with the wrong spec hub spacing. Few emails and photos later I had a print out for fully paid postage back to the warehouse, a full credit and a little extra for the hassle.

The guys/gals there are awesome

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Been ordering from HiBike nearly 100% lately, their non geoblocking is the main reason why.... until tonight.
Looking at a few light full face helmets for my 2 boys and I to use on the upcoming Tassie trip.

Looks like the MET brand is now blocked on HiBike, hoping this is not the first of many. Strangely the usual blocked brands are still ok, at the moment.

met.jpg

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Just a reminder to pay with Paypal when you can (except in foreign currencies since their rate sucks) as they offer a full refund on return postage costs (8 per year, $45 max each) for purchases done through them.

A good example is if you're unsure on sizing of a shoe, then get both pairs and return one using the above.

I think you have to 'activate' this yourself for your account.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Whatever happened to xfusion. They used to be highly rated around here? USD went too high?
Still can be had, but hard to find enough data for most. The revels unicorn status pissed off alot of people. The metric and rv1 are great once the initial break, away is, passed. Brand exposure is low, and the OEM hurts them abit, especially on a servicing level for DIY, had chats on that.

I'd consider the trace if it had a way to adjust the negative spring more effectively, my body weight varies fairly drastically. Still tempted to try the revel, again, no one has ever posted a long term review, and none of their team use it which says alot.. Rear hlr coil shock let me down, the hlr air was okay but the newer rear options really leave them behind.. They had a sick prototype in the works but never made it any further.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Ciclimattio is 5% less then Pushy’s for sram.

Not worth the risk with warranty

I’ve played many times. r2 Geo blocks are working. Did you get something shipped successfully?
No, just saw them shared today. I had another look at Cicli. Looks like they've already added the Australia tax.
I think they offer a larger range than Pushy's though.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Well this is the second problem I have had with Merlin so won't be shopping there again.

Customer service problem 1.
Bought some SLX brakes off them in August 2019, when I got them they were just in a plastic bag. Obviously they are bulk purchase and don't come with the Shimano box or extras (olives and barb). They asked me for a review and I put 1 star for description because no where in their add did they state it was not in the retail packaging with all the bits that come with that. Well here comes the shitty email from Merlin customer service giving me a hard time and disputing my review. I point out that plenty of other sites sell products without retail packaging but they include that in the description so there is no expectation for the customer. Never hear from them again.

So swapping the brakes out the other day and I notice that the locking pin that holds the hinge on the lever closed is missing. The entire round piece that says press here is just gone, there is a big hole and the lever just opens when the bolt is removed. Had a lot of Shimano brakes over the years and never had this piece come out, even when I have mangled the levers in a crash.

Customer service problem 2.
Email Merlin with a description of the problem and photos showing both levers and the issue, clearly show the levers are in good condition and include my order number as proof of purchase. Get up this morning to a pleasant email stating that

"Unfortunately, due to the timescale, this would not be deemed as warranty as this has fallen of on a ride and not a manufacturing defect I am afraid"

So 5 months of intended use invalidates Shimano's 2 year warranty, did you consult Shimano about that??

Now it's my job to educate a retailer on their requirements under Australian consumer law "sigh"

Edit: Pics of the lever, first is what it should look like second is what mine looks like.

That bit is not supposed to come out.

Last edited: