Rear rim - WTB asym i29
Spokes - yes
Nipples - yes
Tyres - Hans dampf and Nobby Nic
Tubes - yes ( burn the heathen)
Bottom bracket - sram gxp ceramic
Stem top cap - Kowalski Classic
Total weight - dunno

First Ride Impression: I love it. Climbs like a beast and descends into madness. This bike is gonna get me into and out of a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
Cheers Rev, I was worried the "enduro" classification would mean I'd struggle with it on hills. I rode a hill in one hit that I'm yet to accomplish on my 26er xc bike. Even on my first ride the bike encourages me to go faster through obstacles with a "she'll be right" confidence.

I'll be going with a zero rise stem and then start mucking with dropping it

Being a medium I went with a 70 mm stem to get the reach I need but keep the bike compact for flickability.

slowmick

38-39"
Nice bike SJP. Glad the photos weren't taken on the dining table. May it bring you many smiles and weee moments.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We're going to need an oven shot...

Bike looks crisp. Spec reads like you let the shop pick your parts and handed over your mother in law's credit card details!

stunner.

That stem length work alright for you?
Seems to be, on the superlight I ran a 50mm however that was a large and this is a medium. The numbers put the reach about the same.

The prime is not as agile in really tight stuff as the superlight, I don't put that down to the stem rather 29 v 26 and the resulting extra length of the prime.

Ride report

Disclaimer: I have a few dollars in this bike and my last ride was a 2007 Superlight, so my view is somewhat tainted. I am also a shit wussy rider.

I am now more familiar with the bike, have been playing around with the cockpit and suspension and whilst not exactly where I want them to be its pretty close. I've mostly ridden it at Ourimbah, a track I've ridden heaps.

Climbing: I think it climbs better than my superlight, rocks and obstacles don't bother me as much and I'm encouraged to attack sections that are technically difficult (to me). I've finally conquered a section of track I couldn't clear in one go ever. I notice no wasting of effort on the climbs with the rear shock in firm mode. I have no issue keeping the front end on the ground. For context I was able to climb from the bottom of the enduro track to the top of demtel in one hit, something I've never done before.

Flat twisty stuff: Set a pb on graveyards, a flat twisty pedally section, the bike is way longer than my superlight still I notice no lack of agility at all. The eagle drive train is sweet as for this stuff.

Downs: I can charge techy bits I used to pick my way through and I'm jumping stuff I've always wondered about, the superlight never encouraged jumping but this bike does. I prefer jumps that are like a trail feature as opposed to a jump specific run ala OMV. Took on a jump that went into a berm (I think after magic carpet), the way the bike popped of the jump and landed so settled to rail the berm was a quintessential moment for me.

I'm not completely confident in the front end yet, maybe a 60mm stem (up from 50) and still running tubes so maybe tyre pressures will help there or maybe cojones will grown larger and I'll just stuff er in.

I reckon I could have put myself on a large frame (I'm 5'11) but wanted to keep it nimble, I'm running an offset seat post to keep my knees back from the pedals enough, seems to be working pretty well for me.

Its like an XC bike that wants to charge the downs, I'm 3mins off my best loop of Ourimbah without trying and taking a minute or two breaks to rest / perve. Not sure why there is so little written on this bike that I can find, maybe its not that good compared to the other bikes out there and my reference point (as per above) is low, but I don't care coz I have no intention of riding anything else.

C'mon Rev, where's that frame, I'm sick of waiting !!! :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You ride wussy shits...ha.

You may be able to buy yourself a little more "room" with a wider bar. If you try that get a little rise in it so you aren't leaning down too hard.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@steve jobs' pancreas the waiting is killing me. I've got everything sat waiting at home and no frame to hang it off.

All going well I receive it this week but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed come Friday.

I've a 34t chainring and am wondering if I'm going to hate it despite how well it reportedly climbs.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm running 32 x 50 and it works fine for me, and I have a genetic condition wherein I have no calf muscles, known as chicken legs
I'll be running 34/46 and I'm hoping this will still work. The Prime is going to weigh more than the Fuel EX which was hopelessly light and frail, much as I loved it.