Orange 224 axles

Maris

Likes Dirt
Im trying to find somewhere to buy a 224 axle for my glory, anyone know if theres somewhere in Australia that sells them or will i have to buy it directly from Orange and get it shipped over?

Thanks.

S.

ex offender
All well and good if you want to get charged $70 for a piece of aluminium rod with a bolt put in one end and a nut on the other.
Because the Orange one is so much cheaper... in fact I'm pretty sure it's about $80. You can whinge about the price all you want but it's hardly uncommon for DH bike axles to cost that kind of money.

Last edited:

Maris

Likes Dirt
Yeah the orange one is 60 pounds or so i think plus postage from england. And unless you have your own machine shop i doubt youll find it any cheaper i guess. :(

Aaron547

Likes Dirt
I'm using an aluminum norco axle on my faith, Same rear end as glory (correct me if im wrong). I imagine these would be a fair bit cheaper.

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Because the Orange one is so much cheaper... in fact I'm pretty sure it's about $80. You can whinge about the price all you want but it's hardly uncommon for DH bike axles to cost that kind of money.
I should have suggested for him to go get a piece of 12mm aluminium rod and have a thread put on either end. Probably $20 max.