DeBloot

Feeling old
I've got one day in each town
I'm thinking Kincross in Orange
Geurie (Bald Hill) near Dubbo
and Mudgee (The Common)

I don't have GPS or a great sense of direction
I have a rough map of Kincross, but that's about it
Wondering if anyone's been around any of these on their own and how they found it
Any tips or info on these 3 (+ any other options I may have missed) much appreciated

Also if there's any good arvo walk options between Orange, Dubbo, Mudgee

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
If you get out to Geurie make sure you head a couple kms further out Arthurville rd, past Bald Hill, and check out the Oaks track as well. If you get to the bridge over the river you have gone too far, although the track does go under that bridge to link up with the Homestead trail which is on the other side of the road, obviously. This Oaks Trail and Homestead trail is the loop that will be used in the upcoming evocities race. On your way out Arthurville rd you will come across an old clearing on the left that was used by the RTA during road works, that is now the carpark and start / finish point of the Oaks track.

When you're in Orange it may also be worth checking out Mt Canobolas. There's a load of trails out there. You might need more than a day for that or to find a local that can guide you. Kinross may be a better bet for a single day visit.

And the common out at Mudgee is pretty good, there's trails all through that joint. I've not spent much time there, but what I saw was a pretty fun and varied trail network. It's sort of a bunch of tracks that you can link up in various ways.

If you download Strava on your phone you can use it to find the trails.

There's also a few downhill tracks in the Mt Arthur reserve at Wellington if you're into that.

Last edited:

DeBloot

Feeling old
Thanks mate
I'm thinking of canning Mudgee and do an extra day in Dubbo instead
I'd read about The Oaks trail but couldn't find any real info
Easily enough in Dubbo area to keep me busy for a couple of days
And I'm only a couple of hours from Orange so might do a morning recce of Kincross beforehand

riz0

Likes Bikes
I was in orange about a month ago and Was told that canobolas was not yet open to the public.