Orange Five?

stoo

Likes Dirt
Nice, just like a bonza modern Five but older, uglier, heavier and still quite expensive.
Whatever floats your boat cobber.......

moorey

call me Mia
Nice, just like a bonza modern Five but older, uglier, heavier and still quite expensive.
Whatever floats your boat cobber.......
Oh, it's floating. I expect 500g at most more with same spec. I shit 5x that before each ride.

Iainm

Likes Dirt
Don't think i've ever seen a Patriot with 200mm of front-ness before! SWEET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Don't think i've ever seen a Patriot with 200mm of front-ness before! SWEET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mate raced it a couple of times like that back in about 04/05, and it's been in the shed since. It handled really well, and the geometry with the boxxers was a lot more like bikes are today.
I'll be turning it back into a sweet trail bike. Hoping that it will be everything I remember about oranges from 10-12 years ago :behindsofa:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It shouldn't be that expensive to pick up an Orange 5 frame. Build it up with a moderate spec should be comparative to any other decent alloy bike.

They get rave reviews, and although some think they look and are outdated, they really come under the banner of "it it works then don't change it". Ive had numerous Orange bikes, mainly Dh in the past and still rate them over all of the new designs we see these days. I currently ride a high end DW bike while although does well in some areas the Orange's don't.. it falls behind in others. And i still would consider going back to an Orange single pivot over it. And people that bag them i can guarantee have never properly ridden one.

Rick Boyer was distributing them in Aus. Give him a call I'm sure he'd help out.
www.orangebikes.com.au

OR

Unreal Cycles in the US usually do good closeout deals on year old frames I've noticed as well.

golden path

Banned
Get real, a dually needs at least half a dozen pairs of tiny, fast wearing sets of bearings to even work.... :behindsofa: