Otb

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Hi Trials riders,

Need some input on a technique question, not really for trials riding but I presume you're the skills gurus.

When I head down a series of drops, or even a long set of steps I find myself coming way forward over the bars. I think I'm just naturally trying to absorb the jolts with my arms and so falling forward as I do so. Obviously I can then end up close to coming OTB, or at the very least way off balance before the next drop.

Do I just need to concentrate more on getting my arms locked straight and arse back? Or is there some trick I'm missing?

Cheers

DD

theallcreator

Likes Bikes
Just bend your knees more, as if you were sitting down. if it's a small flight, try to practically wheelie down them, so there is no weight on your front tyre. this works for me, on all of my bikes, dh, dj and trials. Also, lay off the front brake where possible.

Last edited:

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Hi Trials riders,

Need some input on a technique question, not really for trials riding but I presume you're the skills gurus.

When I head down a series of drops, or even a long set of steps I find myself coming way forward over the bars. I think I'm just naturally trying to absorb the jolts with my arms and so falling forward as I do so. Obviously I can then end up close to coming OTB, or at the very least way off balance before the next drop.

Do I just need to concentrate more on getting my arms locked straight and arse back? Or is there some trick I'm missing?

Cheers

DD
Yeah, get your arse over your back wheel. The steeper the decline, the more you need to be over your back wheel. With enough practice, it should become instinctual. Good luck.