Our rotten healthcare system.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Actually I am 64 yo but fit and not overweight and have had no illnesses .
The baby boomers I see often are fat , have hypertension, diabetes, have heart disease, want knee replacements due to arthritis, take 10 different drugs daily and dont see why they should change their lifestyle and complain about spending any money on their health , may not have private health insurance.
Actually generally there is an oversupply of doctors so some have to invent work.
To study medicine virtually cost me nothing cos in those days I had a Commonwealth scholarship.
Scum bag governments have sucked money out of the universities, since then devalued education so they have to now get foreign students to pay their costs.
Have worked ethically and bulk billed for nearly 40 years so i dont feel too bad about it.
Yes but which $400k car do you drive?

clockworked

Like an orange
I'm working in hobart in 2019. Y'all have another option for destination dentistry. Come to hobart for some fillings and a run out to maydena, instead of going to thailand for some crowns and... a cultural experience...

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I'm working in hobart in 2019. Y'all have another option for destination dentistry. Come to hobart for some fillings and a run out to maydena, instead of going to thailand for some crowns and... a cultural experience...
I went to a charity golf day once and Dick Johnson was the celeb for the day. He opened his speech with "Did you know that toothpaste was invented in Tasmania? Well it was, because if were invented anywhere else it would be called teethpaste." No shit - he said that...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's no such thing as an on-call dentist. Thats for sure
Perhaps not anymore or in your state, but I have used one in a public nsw hospital before. NYE of 1989-90 I hit the bottom of the local swimming pool and cracked my 2 front top teeth in half (in an upside down v shape). Parents hit the panic and I was rushed to the main Newcastle hospital of the time to await the on call dentist...many hours later he rocked up and put a temporary cover over the nerves and a few weeks later (this was not long after a moderate earthquake had levelled the place) I was able to visit our regular dentist for a capping that lasted me until around 2008 when a jelly baby pulled one of the caps off. I don't know if such an on-call service still exists.

Should I arrange for the crowns to be installed before or after the mtb trip? I'd like 1 gold and 1 white please?

I went to a charity golf day once and Dick Johnson was the celeb for the day. He opened his speech with "Did you know that toothpaste was invented in Tasmania? Well it was, because if were invented anywhere else it would be called teethpaste." No shit - he said that...
Fucking LOL!

Flow-Rider

Burner
That is too close to the truth to be funny.