Ourimbah DH ride day Sunday 13 February

T-Rex

Template denier
CCOMTB will be holding a Downhill social ride day on Sunday 13 February at Ourimbah.

This will be a great opportunity for anyone who wants to have a go at downhill, but who isn't sure if they want to race. For more experienced riders it's a good training day to limber up for the season, and to show off that new race kit that Santa brought you.

Basically, the day will run like a normal Ourimbah race day, but with no timing and no classes. The entry fee of $35 includes shuttles all day, and if you are not an MTBA member you will also need a day licence which is $15, which will be available at registration. Registration will be open from 8, buses will start running people up the hill at 9, and we will go through to 4 or whenever everyone has had enough. Full face helmets will be mandatory, and body armour and eye protection are strongly recommended.

For anyone who has not been to Ourimbah, the track is ridable on pretty much any type of mountain bike, and is very beginner friendly.

Registration will be located here:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Red+Hill+Road,+Wyong+Creek,+New+South+Wales&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=37.134781,74.970703&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Red+Hill+Forest+Rd,+New+South+Wales+2258&t=h&layer=c&cbll=-33.278524,151.374579&panoid=01mDyCx_ArBteQc0uf-enA&cbp=12,315.53,,0,5&ll=-33.278524,151.374579&spn=0,0.01884&z=16

Please post any questions in this thread.

Last edited:

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like a fun day

I do have one question, has anyone ever thought of putting in some jumps after the pallet to pallet ( well where it used to be) on the fire road?

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Sounds like a fun day

I do have one question, has anyone ever thought of putting in some jumps after the pallet to pallet ( well where it used to be) on the fire road?
Yes, you can't put jumps on the fire road due to accessaility and if you divert off either side you lose elavation to quickly. Anyway the 13th is going to be a cracker of a day and everyone should come along and have a heap of fun.
Adrian.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
I'll be there running in my brand-new Contour HD helmet camera that Santa gave me. :)

Can we get MTBA licences on the day or does this have to be done beforehand?

T-Rex

Template denier
Can we get MTBA licences on the day or does this have to be done beforehand?
It will be easier if you do your MTBA licence and your club membership via the MTBA web site before hand, and just print out your receipt and bring that. It's a lot quicker and easier than filling in paper at rego.

Visit http://www.mtba.asn.au/MEMBERSHIP/?IntCatId=2

Day licences will be available at registration on the day, and you do not have to be a club member to participate in the ride day.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
It will be easier if you do your MTBA licence and your club membership via the MTBA web site before hand, and just print out your receipt and bring that. It's a lot quicker and easier than filling in paper at rego.
Done and paid. Do you guys get a notification or can I email the receipt to a club official?

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new section on the Dh trail looks and rides well,

Also heads up I was up there today and we parked our cars at the trail head and did a couple of shuttles. When after our thrid shuttle same forestry works came and spoke to us about the lower parking area. They don't mind us shuttle pick ups but asked if we could try and time it that the shuttle vehicle is not parked down the bottom to long as the guy down there has been complaining agai

demodv8

Likes Dirt
Food

:cool:Should be a great day, is there going to be the usual canteen with sausage sangers and drinks or should we bring our own food. cheer"s see you all there

BKelly

teh fast
If you guys have not seen the build day info there is a build day there tomorrow (Saturday 15th) starting at around 10am (though might be some guys out there earlier) to get the new section finished and prepare the track for this social day.
If you can come lend a hand even for a little while it would be much appreciated!

The more people we get at build days the better the track will become . . . . .:D

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I suggest you find the goat on the track and get acquainted make sure you get a photo for your face book page.
Kim will have something to say about that - he has become quite attahed to the goat and i bet he doesnt want to share. I am sure adamd will put out though:D

T-Rex

Template denier
That's a pretty athletic looking goat. I'll bring a spare bike to the ride day, we'll see if it can do a better time than Sledger.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
I'm quite interested, but I need to buddy up with someone to give me a walkthrough...

Is the trail STP friendly? or will I break something if I'm not careful?