Ourimbah DH track

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, done a quick search and didnt find much but I have some questions about ourimbah DH track. I'm racing there in a couple of weeks and my mate said there is a few jumps at the bottom of the track.
Just wanted to know how big they are and whats the run in like to hit them?
cheers Zac

bighitben

Likes Dirt
All the jumps are rollable but i'm sure it would waste lots of speed, i haven't seen them yet but i will on Sunday at the club race. The 2 at the very bottom are both 27ft i think, there isnt any rock gardens or anything before them so you should be right there, the second one is obviously right after the first.

Heres a video of the guys doing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYZ7PVdFDck&feature=player_embedded

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks, im real hoping I dont do what that 2nd guy did though
nah i think I should be alright

Rent_a_crowd

Likes Dirt
I will be going to Ourimbah on Friday before the State Round for practice. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the shuttle road is like.

Just deciding whether to take the trailer. If I have a trailer on will I have to reverse much or is there enough room to turn around top and bottom?
Cheers

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will be going to Ourimbah on Friday before the State Round for practice. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the shuttle road is like.

Just deciding whether to take the trailer. If I have a trailer on will I have to reverse much or is there enough room to turn around top and bottom?
Cheers
At the bottom there is a spot to do a u-turn, but at the top you would have to be a bit more creative........You can always lift the trailer (provided its empty) and swing it around; Although you might just be able to get round if no one else is up there at the same time...

The GloryMan

Likes Bikes
looking forward to the up comming state round as well any idea of good places to stay near or around will be heading up friday for some practice as well looks fun track to ride jumps look sweet as well

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
I was up there today bedding in my new Codes and found the fire trail had just been re-graded so the road is smooth and easy for any 2wd to drive up...

Also the wooden ramp at the bottom of the rock garden has been removed, has this been done for the state or has somebody done it to damage the track as it looks to have been just tossed into the trees

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Also the wooden ramp at the bottom of the rock garden has been removed
Really !?!
It must of been done for the state round or for some other good purpose... otherwise someone has no life, seriously that would have taken ages to move.

Last edited:

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
Also the wooden ramp at the bottom of the rock garden has been removed, has this been done for the state or has somebody done it to damage the track as it looks to have been just tossed into the trees
ahh lame. i dont see why it would have been removed. Wayno may have an answer.

nathanC

Likes Bikes
I was up there today bedding in my new Codes and found the fire trail had just been re-graded so the road is smooth and easy for any 2wd to drive up...

is that the ramp befor the pallet rock gap or up the top