Ourimbah DH track

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
Now that it's gone is it just a drop ?

I think it is this one, correct me if i'm wrong..

That's the one that is gone, just surprised me when I was flying throught there expecting to see it and there was nothing........ Let me tell you my new CODES work a treat!!!!!

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Probably thought it was safe and absolutely no-one could come off it, untill you managed to get owned on it last club round ben lol.
:eek: Well hopefully if all goes to plan that won't happen again this Sunday, just wasn't my day. Body armour really does help.

Pretty pumped for racing this Sunday, hopefully i will do better than last time though :rolleyes:

kempok

Likes Bikes
New Ramp

Ramp being replaced saturday Morning. Old ramp found wanting during the week. Please be aware that from about 7:00am till 10:30 that the new ramp will be going in at the bottom of the rock garden. Best option for those that like a challenge is to ride the old garden (next to existing,but be careful experienced riders only) or once you reach the builders say good day and walk that part of the garden.
Whilst the timing is a pain, so is a less then average ramp. Please give the builders a go so they can get the job done quickly and safely.

7point3

Likes Dirt
heard the jumps at the bottom have been altered and i couldnt tell by the video if they were bigger or not.

and if they have changed has the run in be changed aswell?

loved the big one last time:D

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The big one has been shortened a bit and the whole section is rollable, check the phat vids section, the guys posted a vid right after they fixed it.

Mr Sheen

Likes Dirt
How do race times now compare to about two or so years ago? I haven't raced ourimbah since then , and am just sussing out what grade to ride tomorrow.

THDH

Likes Dirt
hey, tomorrow will be my first race at ourimbah i have raced interschools i thredbo before but thats it. i was wondering what class i should race in i am turning 17 this yr which means i would hav to race in the under 19's or should i try sport class first to see how i go. also what kind of setup is there at the bottom of the track for facilities like toilets and food, is there anything like that? any help would b great
cheers

sich nich

Likes Dirt
How do race times now compare to about two or so years ago? I haven't raced ourimbah since then , and am just sussing out what grade to ride tomorrow.
If your like me, and have got a lttle faster since the last state race years ago, you will take about 40 -50secs off. Track is waay faster than it used to be. Wide, lots of straighter lines, just holds more speed than it used to. I reckon top elite times will be tight.

kempok

Likes Bikes
Ourimbah Track Update

Track update as of 5:00pm today. Huge day by Wayne G and Brad saw significant change to the rock garden.
Those racing tomorrow make sure you check out the New High Line. The new line will be raced tomorrow and cuts right, just before you would normally enter the garden. It will be clearly marked. Its rideable by all riders, the challenge will be to ride it with speed. There is a ramp at the end of the line which can be rolled.Thanks to Wayne and Brad for giving up their day so we can get the benefit.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
If you had a race time of 4:00 minutes on the track 2 years ago you will be running a 3:49 minutes. now the track has been altered as from today that time may be reduced by a few seconds up to your ability in the single track riding.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
hey, tomorrow will be my first race at ourimbah i have raced interschools i thredbo before but thats it. i was wondering what class i should race in i am turning 17 this yr which means i would hav to race in the under 19's or should i try sport class first to see how i go. also what kind of setup is there at the bottom of the track for facilities like toilets and food, is there anything like that? any help would b great
cheers
There is a toilet supplied, there is a bbq/drinks so come with a appeite & cash as my mum makes home made rissoles of which you will enjoy for sure there is other food aswell :).

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hey guys.
My little brother and my mate were riding there today.
Brother was riding a bronze Giant Reign, mate on a balck Santa Cruz V-10 with yellow Deemax.

Unfortunately my mate suffered to broken arms and a broken wrist.
To the guys that were there today (Saturday 25th, April) did you happen to have any pics/vids of him stacking?

Or could somebody describe it?

I heard it was a on a gap that was quite large, has the same downramp but a small and large gap. It also has three lines leading into it that all corner the same way but are all signifcantley different.
If no one has any info on the stack would you happen to have any pics of this infamous jump to give me an idea of what it is like?

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Rego starts at about 8.30am and shuts at 11.30am.
Race entry is $25 if you don't have a MTBA licence it will cost you another $15 for a day licence on top.
Shuttles start at 9am with no private shuttles alloud, we will have 4 buses and trailers going, I am certain you will get some runs in.
Practice will run untill 12 racing starts at 12.30 please be ready to go then.
Because tommorrow is expected to be a big day there is a good chance it will be only 1 run so make it a good one.
There will be food available, toilet. Please when you park try and do it straight so other people can fit as well.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Is that mate Nick.
Yes, he went to Ourimbah today and broke and completely snapped both bones in his left arm, they are poking out of his arm as we speak, completely ripped the skin.
He has also broke his right arm and wrist.
He is undergoing surgery either tonight or tommorow.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Yes, he went to Ourimbah today and broke and completely snapped both bones in his left arm, they are poking out of his arm as we speak, completely ripped the skin.
He has also broke his right arm and wrist.
He is undergoing surgery either tonight or tommorow.
Sh*t. Thats bad luck. Hope you and nick get better soon.
I wonder how Nick will wipe his bum...