Ourimbah night riding?

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

Is it allowed? I know many years ago there were problems with spooking horses or something silly.
If not, any suggestions nearby for decent riding under lights?

camoshop

Banned
Hey all,

Is it allowed? I know many years ago there were problems with spooking horses or something silly.
I know guys that do it every tues night, only place I can think of that is near a paddock in before you go into the short meadows section. Pretty sure you'll be okay.

T-Rex

Template denier
Hey all,

You are right, the neighbor has some pretty pricey horses, and apparently the lights spook them. I would think you would be OK as long as you stay away from the tracks adjacent to the paddock (I think Graveyard and the DH return fire trail) and park your car up the hill away from teh DH pickup, but it would pay to check. The club spent a lot of time a few years appeasing the neighbor, definitely don't want to re-create any issues.

It might be worth hitting up the club FB page with a query.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
You are right, the neighbor has some pretty pricey horses, and apparently the lights spook them. I would think you would be OK as long as you stay away from the tracks adjacent to the paddock (I think Graveyard and the DH return fire trail) and park your car up the hill away from teh DH pickup, but it would pay to check. The club spent a lot of time a few years appeasing the neighbor, definitely don't want to re-create any issues.

It might be worth hitting up the club FB page with a query.

the lights spook the horses? maybe he shouldn't have that football stadium lighting inside the huge equestrian centre he built there.... might make horse training a bit easier ;)

i gotta get up there for a night ride sometime!

dcrofty

Eats Squid
There is possibly a difference between lights that are often on and which the horses are acustomed to vs irregular mtb lights appearing along a fenceline. Expensive horses can be skittish creatures.
Anyway regardless its never good to piss off neighbours if it can be avoided. it can cause all sorts of dramas.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks folks! Bout answers the question. Anyone know if it's dry enough to ride there?