Ourimbah Pallet Jump - DANGER

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Just a warning - the upramp of the pallet jump has been tamprered with and totally moved off its supports - actually the upramp is moved to the side . I tried block it off with logs - Andy will be informing Brad the builder today.
SLOW DOWN ON THE RUN IN - THER AINT NO RAMP.
Also the down ramp appears to have also been fiddled with.
RIDERS BEWARE

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Brad and I are heading out there Sunday to fix it. So I suggest if you are riding that day be aware of us and use the B line I will have some signage up also.
Adrian.

This is completely off topic and maybe slightly irrelevant but I just want to commend you guys up there on the Central Coast. I have only ever ridden Ourimbah once and was absolutely stoked with the track, however, that is not what I am posting to say.

Just from reading here, you guys seem to put so much work into the track and every time when people wreck things, be it deliberately or by accident, you are always quick to repair it. When the starting ramp broke, you were onto it straight away. With the parking issues you were also good in leading that and making it applicable.

As I said, a bit off topic, but I just wanted to say something because I feel as though you deserve it.

Well done guys and thanks for all your work that you are doing for not only Ourimbah but for the mountain bike community in general.

Cheers guys,

Pete.

petew

Squid
I went out for a couple of quick runs on the way to the oldies a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the last post on the left on the down ramp had spit and was no longer supporting it. Had a good look around but couldnt find anything suitable to prop it up.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
It's just like brand NEW..........

It is fixed - the whole run down to the pallet to pallet is now smooth to allow more speed. The launch pallet is a distant memory as we have cleared it and armoured the take off with large flat rocks. The gap is no longer, making the whole thing rollable to get rid of the sketchy B line. The down ramp has been mended and is all safe to use. Some of the guys we talking about a new wider steal constructon -down ramp next Sat. But stay tuned, it is still a jump down to the ramp so just treat it as normal. Hope you like it.
Adrian.

Last edited:

BKelly

teh fast
"Pallet to Pallet" (not that you can call it that now as there is no pallet on the take off) is sweet, rode up and down it this morning on the XC bike and is so smooth and fast!

jumpers

Likes Dirt
"Pallet to Pallet" (not that you can call it that now as there is no pallet on the take off) is sweet, rode up and down it this morning on the XC bike and is so smooth and fast!
Bloody xc riders on the dh track:rolleyes:

Are you guys going to name all the sections??

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like there was some good work up in recently, is there any chance of getting some pictures up

FINX74

Likes Dirt
What's with the midweek training runs ??? If only I lived closer....
Word on the street is that your running the XC bike for the race next Sunday.…

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So was it specifically tampered with, or was it just age??? Sad thing to hear that people are going up there destroying..

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately can't make it this sunday so I'll try and make it up during the week, if anyone else is interested pm me. Only issue would be I don't have a shuttle

kempok

Likes Bikes
New down ramp

All things going well the new down ramp will go in tomorrow (Saturday). If on track please use the B line and slow down around the guys working.

Thanks to nathan C and Damo's demolitions it will be Gal steel and Hardwood construction. 9m long and 1.2 m wide.