over vs under-biked.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I'm definitely overbiked for my skills, but I fucking love it and its making me want to go out. Thats enough I reckon.
I'm even itching to go out over the weekend while I'm still sore from my off last week, but might only get chance to get the roadie out

moorey

call me Mia
I'm definitely overbiked for my skills, but I fucking love it and its making me want to go out. Thats enough I reckon.
I'm even itching to go out over the weekend while I'm still sore from my off last week, but might only get chance to get the roadie out
As above. My nightly loop is faster on a shorter travel bike, and could easily be done full rigid….but my Christ, it’s fun on the ENR coming down.

Rorschach

As above. My nightly loop is faster on a shorter travel bike, and could easily be done full rigid….but my Christ, it’s fun on the ENR coming down.
I'm actually quicker going up than I was on my hardtail, but thats likely the gear/my ineptitude as I had a 38/36 as my top gear vs. a 30/50 now, and now I 'enjoy' the ups more, particularly as I know the fun bit is coming

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm actually quicker going up than I was on my hardtail, but thats likely the gear/my ineptitude as I had a 38/36 as my top gear vs. a 30/50 now, and now I 'enjoy' the ups more, particularly as I know the fun bit is coming
Dual suspension can make finding traction a lot easier on climbs, and minimise shocks to the body reducing the need to weight/unweight the saddle or pedals - all of which can all help keep the pace up on climbs.

Rorschach

Dual suspension can make finding traction a lot easier on climbs, and minimise shocks to the body reducing the need to weight/unweight the saddle or pedals - all of which can all help keep the pace up on climbs.
Yeah, definitely notice that too. I find myself out of the saddle less

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
170mm travel front and rear...check. I ride everything on this bike and love it. If it starts getting too much to pedal or I feel the need for a slight increase in uphill velocity I can just switch it on and really over bike that fucker and love it even more :p

moorey

call me Mia
The ENR is not only longer travel and 2kg heavier, it’s running big minions, as opposed to NN’s on the Five and minion SS rear on the Alpine. That’s the biggest drag, but worth it.