Overdrive fork in ZS44 headtube?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Anyone know of a headset that will allow me to install an Overdrive fork (1 1/4" to 1 1/2" - tapered) into a frame with a 44mm top head tube ID?
Or can I run a ZS44 headset with a specific bearing to fit the steerer?

teK--

Eats Squid
FSA make one with a 1.25 top cup/bearing. It is the stock headset they used in the Giants.

teK beat me to it. Your local giant dealer should have in stock the Giant brand (aka, FSA rebranded) OD2 headsets. From memory they are a regular ZS44/56 headset with a larger ID top bearing. You may be able to get something from the Hope Pick N Mix range or Superstar components as well.

Have you already got a 1-1/2 headstem to go with the fork?

The Dude

teK beat me to it. Your local giant dealer should have in stock the Giant brand (aka, FSA rebranded) OD2 headsets. From memory they are a regular ZS44/56 headset with a larger ID top bearing. You may be able to get something from the Hope Pick N Mix range or Superstar components as well.

Have you already got a 1-1/2 headstem to go with the fork?
Thanks gentlemen.
Yes, the stem is also from a Giant. Just a frame swap, actually

Last edited:

The Dude

Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
As well as an instant lobotomy, he'll have to deal with Giant/Trek/Specialized lawsuits for stealing their "unnecessary-new-standards-we-can-force-upon-the-lemmings" thunder!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is it a straight or tapered head tube? If it's tapered standard 44/56, the aforementioned Giant/FSA set will drop straight in; to fit the fatter upper steerer the top bearing is a "slimline" design, but it's about 1mm larger in diameter than a regular bearing, so won't fit a standard cup; the necessary cup has a thinner wall to enable it to fit in the standard 44mm tube.