Pacific park round 1

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Hey I was wondering If it is necessary to become a member of WSMTB to come for a ride on Feb 3
also I was wondering if the practice runs would be on the day or on the Saturday?

Stackerz

Squid
No you don't need to become a member of WSMTB to race on the day. Though you will need to pay an entry fee (duh) to the club to race. You will also need an MTBA Licence and if you don't have one then you pay an extra $10 for a day licence, which covers you with insurance if you crash.

As for practise you will be able to practise on the day. Shuttles will usually start around 8-9 and then racing will start at 1-2. If you want to practise on saturday, you probably can, but you'll have to shuttle yourself.

Most importantly have fun and don't hurt yourself!:p

Hope I helped.

first round as you know is at pacific park.
pacific park is on private property.so, in general your pretty much restricted to the actual ride days or race days at this venue.BUT.
if you'd like a sneak peak and or some runs... then your more than welcome to come on the saterday and dig, clean, build,prepare,plot, work out ,make the race course with us.
saterdays are usually (as you may have gotten the drift of) prep/ build days for the tracks we use.
get involved! it makes a great day better! not just for you. but everyone!and this post is not aimed solely at you. but, you and everyone!!
we got an action packed club calender this year with both raceing and ride days on a number of tracks. all of which don't make themselves!!

hope to seeya out there.
stay tuned for the where and whens.

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
2008 Pacific Park RD 1 Results

I have been having trouble getting the results out so I have put them here in the short term.

Attachments

DH OZ

Likes Bikes
next time can we use the proper timing gear instead of a phone to start the race (good way to turn people off)
The proper start box he was standing next too should of been used.

Last edited:

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
iam sure my time is wrong .
had a ok run . i did go though the beam same time as eden.
i dont see how i could be 40 seconds behind 1st place in under 19's.
if its going to be $45 to race iam sure we can get some decent timing gear.

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
iam sure my time is wrong .
had a ok run . i did go though the beam same time as eden.
i dont see how i could be 40 seconds behind 1st place in under 19's.
if its going to be $45 to race iam sure we can get some decent timing gear.
They are deftintly wrong. When the timing started to be done manually from Master's onwards the times went from 2:30's to 4:30's. That is deftintly wrong. My brother had a great run with no crashes in U/17 and got a 4:29 while my mate in Elite crashed several times and got a 2:48.

Are these the final results. Because i feel people have been hard done by.

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
i think the point should not be added to the total points at the end of the year.
cant change the race day but maby just start the points for the year at the next round.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Look. stop all ya' bitching, everyone knows it was hard to run the day in such bad weather, but they still went ahead with the race, which they didnt have too.

as with timing, i wore a stopwatch an clocked it at 3:36, yet my time says 5:10. somethings up. but times dont define a day, its the atmosphere and attitude of the people.

this was my first race, i had a ball. yes im sort of dissapointed that i didnt get a correct time, but the pro's far outweighed the cons. so stop whinging and get over it.

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
yeah mate i aint bitching as you call it but dont you think for $45 you should get a time by the end off the day.
in 04/05/06 it was $30 and you got your time, a chance to win a $100 towards lifecycles , a ribben, a chance to stand on the podium and there was a guy that got every rider's photo. sorry to steve and every one but hey it has gone down hill since 06. as you said it was your first race ive been in it way longer then you and know how much it has gone down hill. it needs a change or it will die off.

mattv

Likes Bikes
Tinkerbell is right, This is an ongoing problem with Western Sydney. Times are often messed up no matter what the weather. On top of that they always take soooooo long to get posted up. Round 3 last season never even made it.
The whole point of racing is to get a time, to gauge how you're progressing, otherwise you may as well just do runs with mates.

Steve should have a chat with Flynny @ CTMBC and find out what system they use. Their timing gear works really well and club round results are always up that night.

For $45 this isn't expecting too much.

DH OZ

Likes Bikes
No one would miss you or your stopwatch if you didn't go back.

I thought the difficulties of getting everything done were already well established in another thread. Be thankful.

What's the descrepancy that you picked up? a couple of seconds or more?So when are you running a race so that all the sydney riders can head down and see how it should be run? Can everyone use your stopwatch so that their times are right?

Not worth the post, just venting.

Adrian the hero
love the coments but yes your right me and my stopwatch just might not be back
as i spent all day saturday before the race day cleaning and building the track 8 hours at Pacific park plus 4 hours traveling
did i still pay to race on sunday for me and my son yes

i am cranky with the fact that the propper Timing gear was there at the start but not used WHY

Last edited:

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
Adrian the hero
Thanks for the sig material...

I know already how much you do dude, and I also know you would be missed... Just giving you a chance to say where you're coming from, rather than looking like a one-off stab at the organisers.

Like I said, just venting.

KonaManDan

Likes Bikes
i am cranky with the fact that the propper Timing gear was there at the start but not used WHY
Why wasn't the proper timing gear was used? There are few reasons that I noticed; firstly the weather- the lighnting affected the radio handsets; the bus driver pissing off early to clean his bus; one of the stop watches failed to work and the rain affected the timing laser. A lot of things happened that day that could not have been helped.

I would agree with a lot comments about irregular results if it was a state or nat' round and would be pretty pissed too. But so what if the times are FUBAR- it's a club race.

Last edited:

notenufftoys

Likes Bikes
I agree with you guys about the fact we want accurate timing, but on the
day I was grateful they even kept the races going. Sure the times are messed
but who cares we still had a good day muckin around in the mud didnt we? I
did. It was my first race and ill be coming right back next round, just for the
event, not too win, but to have fun with my mates. Isnt that what it should
be about anyway?

Thats my 2 cents
Matt

CAM850

Cannon Fodder
not whinge but the times from pacific park the other week are wrong, it says in sport that riders left 2 mintues apart but from memory it was only 1 min, not that my time would be affected but the timing system could be simplified and therefore accurate alot easier for future races