Pads for a gravel bike

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
I grabbed some TRP cable /hydro HYRD calipers on special for <200 a set. With some research and careful mods ( i run Campagnolo so differing leverage ratio) and quality outers they are really good on my CX /laden gravel bike.
Sorry a bit late... I too run the TRP HyRd calipers with Campag 10sp levers and 160 rotors on a gravel bike - fully laden Syd-Melbs touring all good.
The original TRP pads were OK-ish - lasted 5k of touring/commuting. I prefer the Shimano M515 resin pads for power and quietness.
Pushing diversity to the limits, the 10sp campag levers run to a SRAM 10sp MTB derailleur and a 10sp XTR 11-36 cassette - appears to work perfectly???

- carpetrunner

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Sorry a bit late... I too run the TRP HyRd calipers with Campag 10sp levers and 160 rotors on a gravel bike - fully laden Syd-Melbs touring all good.
The original TRP pads were OK-ish - lasted 5k of touring/commuting. I prefer the Shimano M515 resin pads for power and quietness.
Pushing diversity to the limits, the 10sp campag levers run to a SRAM 10sp MTB derailleur and a 10sp XTR 11-36 cassette - appears to work perfectly???

- carpetrunner
Cool. I'll try the shimano pads when I fit the pro cable set then

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I grabbed some TRP cable /hydro HYRD calipers on special for laden gravel bike. Better than previous BB5/BB7/Spyres, regardless of pads with BB7's being best of that lot. It took ages to find the right $$ deal though... lots to be had ~$200 an end.
I am now scouring AliExpess for the right price on some Di2 hydraulic roadie levers to add full hydro to my SS 29er. Going to try with some older xtr calipers.
I have the TRP Hy/rds on a few roadies and my monstercross, all running 10sp Ultegra. The roadies are running Nukeproof sintered pads which are ok, long lasting and cheap. The monstercross is running the TRP Spyre sintered pads which are surprisingly good. The TRP quadiem sintered pads are terrible.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk