Palmer says green groups funded by CIA

Matt H

Eats Squid
Mining magnate Clive Palmer has accused the United States government of funding environmental group Greenpeace via the CIA to undermine Australia's coal mining sector.

Mr Palmer made the extraordinary claim over Greenpeace's plan to use the court system to tie up coal mining applications.

He is angry at Greenpeace's plan to use lawyers to thwart future coal mining projects and claims funding is coming from US environmental charity the Rockefeller Foundation.

He alleges it is funded by the CIA and says it is trying to harm Australia's industry and help American interests.

Mr Palmer referred to a paper produced by environmental group Greenpeace which calls for action to stop the expansion of the Queensland coal industry.

Greenpeace's plans were leaked to the media earlier this month as it organises a campaign to raise $6 million to fund legal battles against controversial coal mining projects across Australia.

"You only have to go back and read the Church Report in the 1970s and to read the reports to the US Congress which sets up the Rockefeller Foundation as a conduit of CIA funding," he said.

"You only have to look at their secret budget which was passed by Congress last year, bigger than our whole national economy, which the CIA's got to ensure that.

"You only have to read the reports to US Congress when the CIA reported to the president that their role was to ensure the US competitive advantage and economic advantages.

"That's how you know it's funded by the CIA."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-20/palmer-says-green-groups-funded-by-cia/3901920

Has this guy lost the plot? It seems like he's addicted to having his name in the headlines and is willing to say or do anything to keep it there.

Ivan

Eats Squid
The guy is an attention whore and a hypocrite.

Anyone who funds the Institute of Public Affairs should be set adrift on an island "escape from absalon" style.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Say what you want about Rupert Murdoch and Kerry Packer but at least they were ludicrously rich, evil tyrants to be proud of.

Look who we're left with now? F***ing Clive 'gobshite' Palmer, a man who calls himself 'twiggy' and that obese, beady-eyed moll, Gina Rinehart!

:rolleyes:

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am not saying he has not gone off the deep end, but as soon as people stray from what the majority of people think they are immediately branded insane or a conspiracy nut. I bet everyone though people who said Nixon was a crook before Watergate scandal was a conspiracy nut.

Before dissing things have you read the reports?
Have you ever opened your eyes and read outside what the MSM publishes?

What is so far fetched about a foreign government manipulating another? America is famous for it. Just how many dictators have they put into power? America does what it wants, which would include spying on Aus.

If in fact it is true, would they call it the CIA party, of course not. They would pick a party who already is know and has influence; they have been doing it long enough to back winners.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I am not saying he has not gone off the deep end, but as soon as people stray from what the majority of people think they are immediately branded insane or a conspiracy nut. I bet everyone though people who said Nixon was a crook before Watergate scandal was a conspiracy nut.

Before dissing things have you read the reports?

What is so far fetched about a foreign government manipulating another? America is famous for it. Just how many dictators have they put into power? America does what it wants, which would include spying on Aus.

If in fact it is true, would they call it the CIA party, of course not. They would pick a party who already is know and has influence; they have been doing it long enough to back winners.
Yes. And I think you have stolen Palmer's forum name.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Before dissing things have you read the reports.

I am not saying he has not gone off the deep end, but as soon as people stray from what the majority of people think they are immediately branded insane or a conspiracy nut. I bet everyone though people who said nixon was a crook before watergate scandel was a conspisory nut.

The man also recently sacked the manager of his football team after he refused to make a 17 year old lad who'd never played before, the team captain! Hell, buying Gold Coast United in the first place was a f***ing daft decision as they have absolutely no supporter base but now after a series of childish spats with FFA, he's had their license revoked and not only that, instead of quietly selling them off to somebody he is instead trying to start a rival soccer league in a nation where it's the 3rd code of choice!

I think he should just stick to selling mud that he's dug out of the ground as it seems to be fairly lucrative, keeps him away from civilisation and most importantly, having seen the calibre of Australia's new breed of mining billionaires I can conclude that it doesn't exactly require a f***ing brain surgeon!

Last edited:

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here we go, it must be Illuminatti and cricket should be No1 hahaha

Them hole whores have not been affected by green peace.

Last edited: