Paparoa Track - NZ

Flow-Rider

Burner
how can the trail last/survive that punishment...i wonder when it opens?
The trail is opened and parts of it already shut down from land slides. Not the best 12 mil spent.

Well if we are going to get upset about blowing things up, we better not buy anything made of steel (won't have much bike left) or most other metals, that's all rock removed and unfortuantely recently included an archelogical site in WA. This was rock relocated, ultimately rock moves all the time, water gets in cracks and expands as it freezes cracking and moving the rocks, it melts and explodes all over the place naturally. The guys building the trail no doubt captured the blowing things up as it was a lot more exciting to look at than a guy on a mattock. We react to emotive imagery but as bear states and as the guys mentioned in the video it jumped through a lot of environmental hoops.

I'm not in favour of environmental vandalism but to me this wasn't it.
I've spent a lot of time working in mines and there's not many in WA that are in old rainforests, most of the land is arid and worthless crap. A lot of the mined areas have to be returned to what there were too, after the mining ceases. MTB single track is a lot more environmentally friendly than a large 1m+ shelved trail like that.

I don't know but it is now on my bucket list to ride.
So once/ if this virus fucks off and I can head back over I will let you know
Wait until it's all opened again.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear
The trail is opened and parts of it already shut down from land slides. Not the best 12 mil spent.

I've spent a lot of time working in mines and there's not many in WA that are in old rainforests, most of the land is arid and worthless crap. A lot of the mined areas have to be returned to what there were too, after the mining ceases. MTB single track is a lot more environmental friendly than a large 1m+ shelved trail like that.

Wait until it's all opened again.

View attachment 364862
It is a summer track like a lot of the other high country tracks in NZ