Parking at Ourimbah!!!!!

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
I know this has been talked about before but now it is starting to "PISS ME OFF".

Went riding there today (as I do most weekends) and still moron's still can't read and park at the old parking area, next to the land owners gates and not parking at the new parking area 350m up the road.

Keep this going and we will loose Ourimbah state forest to ride in.

The funny thing is that you ride through the new parking area when you ride the XC.

If you have a problem with moving that further distance up the hill, well you shouldn't be out there riding the trails.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I know this has been talked about before but now it is starting to "PISS ME OFF".

Went riding there today (as I do most weekends) and still moron's still can't read and park at the old parking area, next to the land owners gates and not parking at the new parking area 350m up the road.

Keep this going and we will loose Ourimbah state forest to ride in.

The funny thing is that you ride through the new parking area when you ride the XC.

If you have a problem with moving that further distance up the hill, well you shouldn't be out there riding the trails.
.....especially now signs been changed and point up the hill.
I like how even the regular avo xc groups still park down bottom under signs.....too cool to park 300m up road:rolleyes

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Maybes the Club should put a sign up as well (with logos) ... likely won't help ... but at least it shows that Club members (via the Club) are also trying to support and follow the rules ?

*shrugs ... I'd hope most people on here are following the rules ... but not everybody that uses rimbah in on here ... so these threads although good are likely preaching to the converted.

axie

Likes Bikes
I was there today, and didn't notice that I parked (along with 15 others) in the wrong area. The signage is far from clear. The general rule is that you need to identify not only where people can park, but where they can not. Until this happens, the majority of the people will park in the existing lower car park.

fairy1

Banned
We were there last weekend, strange thing was most of the DHers parked in the top carpark and there were at least 10 cars owned by XC riders. I'm not sure if this is because the DH riders were club members and were aware of the parking agreement or it was just team Rocky Mountain wanting to be seen in in the lower carpark, not 100% sure.

fezi

Likes Dirt
Signage is ambiguous. It simply states parking 350M further up. Needs to state no parking.

However it is the continuing complaints from the land owner immediately adjacent to the state forest that will jeopardize the continuing use of the tracks. Clearly they have issues with the public using the area adjacent to their property. Its just simpler to park up on the plateau and be done with it, plus you miss the little climb at the start of the xc track

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I was there today, and didn't notice that I parked (along with 15 others) in the wrong area. The signage is far from clear. The general rule is that you need to identify not only where people can park, but where they can not. Until this happens, the majority of the people will park in the existing lower car park.
The big blue signs with "P 350" and arrow pointing up hill........what else would it mean:rolleyes: It aint that hard to decipher.

Agree with fairy1, us "dumb" downhillers can work it out

Cypher

Likes Dirt
The big blue signs with "P 350" and arrow pointing up hill........what else would it mean:rolleyes: It aint that hard to decipher.

Agree with fairy1, us "dumb" downhillers can work it out
Hey. I like the :rolleyes! So here is mine :)

Rolleyes...Um that it means that there is more parking 350m up the hill. Ourimbah is getting pretty popular these days.
;)

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Damm it! Morons! idoits.....bloody rollerbladers!!!

That is exactly why we should all ride DH and go with our mates so that we can do shuttles all day and not need to park!

Young people these days, i just dont understand their attitude..think they can park where they feel like it...we need parking rangers up there to sort em out!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
The big blue signs with "P 350" and arrow pointing up hill........what else would it mean:rolleyes:
Toilet stop further up hill ... uhmmm 350 places

Don't Pee near the car park

there is a P plate with 350 on it

Could mean anything if you've been parking in the same spot for years.

Maybe something like

"Don't Park Here ... Park 350m further up teh hill Plz"

Agree - should be a no parking sign

Also love the way you get the "look" for driving through the bottom carpark

and up the hill.. hey im not cool but I want to lose the track for good!

PS... also love doing the switch backs at the end of my ride when Im warmed up rather than straight up from the carpark, its not hard... is it?:confused:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Notice to Mountain Bike Riders:

New Trailhead Location

Forests NSW and Central Coast Ourimbah Mountain Bike Club have worked together to establish a more suitable car park and trailhead to provide improved access to mountain bike trails at Ourimbah State Forest. The new car park and trailhead are located 350m further up the hill on Red Hill Road.

When you come back to ride at Ourimbah State Forest, please use the new car park and trailhead for parking and access to the mountain bike trails. Please encourage other riders to do the same.

Forests NSW appreciates your cooperation on this matter.

This is copy of what state forests have requested and have been putting flyers on cars -its all the state forests. Sorry if offended people, some of us are just trying to help out sledger(vice president of ccomtb) who copped all the flak from forests during last yr

Last edited:

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Then you know what you need to do. Put up a sign that clearly states "No Parking" and clarifies that there is parking further up. Problem solved.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
The signs and parking bans are not done by the club. State forests do it all, club isnt allowed to do anything to the parking signs - this is why we have been trying to post warnings on farkin. As Wayno said in ccomtb threads, the club may not agree with rulings but state forests are the boss

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
The signs and parking bans are not done by the club. State forests do it all, club isnt allowed to do anything to the parking signs - this is why we have been trying to post warnings on farkin. As Wayno said in ccomtb threads, the club may not agree with rulings but state forests are the boss
Oh I love this. Let me just spell this out slowly: Not everyone reads the internet. Therefore, the people who are parking there may not be aware of the issue at all.

Given that the club is not responsible for the signs, and (as we have established) the signs are inadequate, most people would have figured this scenario out:

1. You (the club) puts up a No Parking sign anyway, regardless of State Forests
  2. You inform State Forests that the sign is inadequate and that they should replace it if they do not want anyone to park there
  3. Stop complaining about the issue, because if you don't do either of the above, HOW DO YOU EXPECT OTHERS TO KNOW NOT TO PARK THERE.

I apologise if this comes off a bit rude, but it is very difficult to sit here and see a futile attempt at stopping people from parking somewhere, on the internet. If these steps have already been completed, then you have no reason to worry. If they are silly enough to put up rubbish signs, then they can cop it for people parking in the wrong place. :)

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Oh I love this. Let me just spell this out slowly: Not everyone reads the internet. Therefore, the people who are parking there may not be aware of the issue at all.

Given that the club is not responsible for the signs, and (as we have established) the signs are inadequate, most people would have figured this scenario out:

1. You (the club) puts up a No Parking sign anyway, regardless of State Forests
  2. You inform State Forests that the sign is inadequate and that they should replace it if they do not want anyone to park there
  3. Stop complaining about the issue, because if you don't do either of the above, HOW DO YOU EXPECT OTHERS TO KNOW NOT TO PARK THERE.

I apologise if this comes off a bit rude, but it is very difficult to sit here and see a futile attempt at stopping people from parking somewhere, on the internet. If these steps have already been completed, then you have no reason to worry. If they are silly enough to put up rubbish signs, then they can cop it for people parking in the wrong place. :)
Sorry if i have sounded rude also. The club is not allowed to put signs there (club has asked) as the parking area in question is not in the area assigned as mtb park for the club (yep i know its silly but that is part of lease - club isnt even allowed to do maintenance without informing forestry) and forests are quite touchy on whole subject. Yep club has spoken to forests about the signs.
Yes we know every rider does not read the net and forests have done poor job.
Sorry we were just trying to inform people (i admit maybe wrong way at times), and thought maybe we could start here and let word of mouth run its course.
Just trying to help fellow riders