~ Parkway Drive - Sutherland - 29 Jan ~

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
last year they played with parkway, verse, a kiwi SXE band and a local HC band. it was great, they played their kelly clarkson cover, which is great, but would have liked it with a breakdown or two.

INRI

Likes Dirt
it all gets so confusing for me...so many sub genres:confused:
When it gets down to it, they're all pretty clean cut.
Haha, I know! I swear some people just make them up. There's about half a billion metal genres. Grindcore's one that I have no idea what it is.
[video=youtube;Iy_cobRFAiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy_cobRFAiQ[/video]
[video=youtube;553LULWVDT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=553LULWVDT0[/video]
last year they played with parkway, verse, a kiwi SXE band and a local HC band. it was great, they played their kelly clarkson cover, which is great, but would have liked it with a breakdown or two.
hurr.

Also, Winnos brother is not in Word Up, but is in 50 Lions.

Last edited:

DirtJumperHarry

Likes Dirt
Yeah, was that for the 'SWEATFEST 08' tour? I've got PWD the DVD, and in the live section, it's got them playing at the roundhouse in Sydney. You can tell ADTR played because it was on the stage in huge letters and heaps of people were wearing A Day To Remember shirts. It's a really good DVD actually

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Half this thread is filled with bullshit discussing music genres! There's a place for this side talk, the ahrdcore thread or what ever it's called!

are parkway playing in melb any time soon? been a while since ive seen them. (its been a long while since ive been to a gig) shame on me hey.

any good gigs coming up soon in the melb region?
There's an under 18's one in Frankston?

I'm stoked for Sutherland, shall be sweet. :D

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Well me and DirtJumperHarry headed up to Sutherland last night to meet up with someother mates.
It was my first concert, and I don't think it was a very "sensible" one to attend...haha
I'm around 155-60cm high and 45 kilograms heavy and 14 years of age, and if I survived in the pit, anyone can! It was a pretty stupid decision to go in, but it was a good experience! Went crowd surfing, that was good fun!

I was suprised at how people were generally really nice, one guy got kocked unconscious and a few people stopped to help him straight back up and pull him out of the pit, not the kind of thing you would see at a metal concert I'm guessing!

Anyway, on the music side of things, Parkway were pretty darn good, but I found the first band that played called "Lock Down" to be REALLY good, definately in my opinion the best side act at the show. Can't really say I enjoyed Confession that much, a bit too heavy for me, and not really what I'm in to.

All in all an AWESOME first concert to go to, hopefuly it will be the start of many more to come! How did every one else go?

sam705

Likes Dirt
Good to see you had a good time.
Im seeing them on the 4th of Feb when that tour comes to my hometown.
I understand what you have said about Confession, i quite like them and theyre about as heavy as i go in regards to metal.
I'll see if i can find some of this Lock Down band you speak of!