Passing Through Kempsey on 6 or 7 Sept 2015

ongwooijin

Likes Bikes
I shall be driving from Coffs Harbour to Port Macquarie soon.
Staying the night in Coffs Harbour on 5 Sept 2015.
Staying the night in Port Macquarie on 6 & 7 Sept 2015.
I hear Kempsey has good All Mountain type and flow trails and was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me around the trails?
Post ride beer on me.

robbie b

Likes Bikes
kempsey golf club trails

hey mate I went up and rode these trails last year they were so much fun, ended up meeting a local whilst I was riding and he gave me a bit of a tour of the gravity stuff. I parked my car at the car park marked on the trail map near the top but I was told it is much wiser to park at the golf course and pedal up. I'm no local to the area and I only rode there once but my advice would be make your way straight up to the area on the map labeled starting gate and pick your trail, blue ridges over the back was really fun, there is a decent size gap you will have to keep your eye out for, but there is some high speed single track that was so fun and flowy. Then any of the decents back to five ways are fun, you could easily do all of them, they aren't super long I'd start with flat gav and give yeti, linked with fatsos a go, these are all easy runs to get back to the start gate from the bottom, but then I met the local who gave me the tour which I cant exactly remember the trails we took but Ill have a guess of the map, I reckon we went yet, garrys, grass tree, back to 5 ways via the fire road then down either stairway to heaven or tims and carlton dry down, all of the tour section was downhill pretty much so follow your nose, either way you'll have heaps of fun if its still in good nic, hopefully this helps, check out the kmorc website for the trail map