Paterson Kona 24 Hour - May 21/22, 2011.

fezi

Likes Dirt
if one were to compare the pain that the Paterson climb may dispense upon a soloist rider to say the climbs at the wsc at stromlo, would one say that it is more like the first climb(up the front of Stromlo) or the second(bastard pinchy) climb out the back of Stromlo.

I only request the above information to correctly formulate the chain tension required on my single speed...??

The climb up the back of the WSC course but more technical in places... Solo at the Patterson is definitely manland

longxc

Likes Bikes
...and some floor-slapping crankarms. Attending, longxc?

- Joel
I paid good laundry money to get my pedals off the ground :p
Thinking of attending? yes, someone else is pretty keen for me to do it (I think they want a turn in the pits)...

Are you thinking of backuping up solo 24's?

Are you looking for another rider for Mal's team? we should have shares in the shop by now :p

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
I paid good laundry money to get my pedals off the ground :p
Thinking of attending? yes, someone else is pretty keen for me to do it (I think they want a turn in the pits)...

Are you thinking of backuping up solo 24's?

Are you looking for another rider for Mal's team? we should have shares in the shop by now :p
I won't be attending now, Just B-dog representing at this stage. I have a wedding on and excuse excuse excuse. Make sure you have the key to the beer esky on you at all times. Not to be opened until race finish.

- Joel

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Are there many things that could slice a sidewall on a tyre???
Most of the rocks out there are old, weathered and pretty smooth so I don't expect too much sidewall damage. That being said, I have seen sidewalls damaged while road riding so anything is possible.

lordflog

Likes Dirt
The Weather is Fine!

The 28 day forecast for Paterson shows 10 days of dry in the lead up to the race, and none in the week after.

Looks like the weather for the first Paterson Kona 24 hour race is going to be perfect for an evening of camping in the great outdoors & riding bikes!

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Ok so since the last one was rained out we are going to try again out at the new Paterson track. This is the last chance to get in a ride on the track before the 24hr so you know what you will be in for.
We will be doing the full track (If you did the 3hr race, that was almost half the 24hr track.)and after there is the option of grabbing a feed and/or a beer in Paterson.
If you don't have a current MTBA licence, a $5 day licence is available on the day. Anyone is welcome, if you have a bike that goes on dirt you should come.

See you there.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Ok so since the last one was rained out we are going to try again out at the new Paterson track. This is the last chance to get in a ride on the track before the 24hr so you know what you will be in for.
We will be doing the full track (If you did the 3hr race, that was almost half the 24hr track.)and after there is the option of grabbing a feed and/or a beer in Paterson.
If you don't have a current MTBA licence, a $5 day licence is available on the day. Anyone is welcome, if you have a bike that goes on dirt you should come.

See you there.

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
a nice social ride sounds tempting to check out the track but I'm going to leave the mystery until the start line. I figure I've got a long time to get used to it!

This 24 is going to get me out of my pre winter slack off one way or another...

BJ_ride

Squid
What day and time is the social ride?

What day and time is the social ride this weekend?

See you there.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That all depends on how long you sleep for! Sleep long enough and someone is going to lap you
got any directions on how to get there?
where exactly is Patterson?

Will QZ13 and the Ninja be there?

i always plan to have a nap.

Last edited: