Paterson Kona 24 Hour - May 21/22, 2011.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Can't wait for this one... we are planning to re-live the good ol' days of 24's before it got all serious and you had to train and stuff.

Q1 Can we camp at the course on Friday night? Returning to the 24 hour roots requires several beverages and lots of story telling beforehand....

Q2 Is there a decent feed at the pub in Paterson? and how far is the walk back to the campsite (if the answer to Q1 is yes of course!)
Q1: You can camp on friday - no problemo. You can come up on thurdsay if you can swing the time off work, I'll be floating around there somewhere.

Q2: The pub is 2kms away along a quiet backroad. The Paterson Tavern have been in touch and are looking to put on a pizza/pasta carb loading special in the bistro so I know where I will be on Friday night.

Edit: Oh - and the bobcat should be building the pump track on friday afternoon so there should be something to watch while consuming beverages and telling stories.

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
in this scenario 'gear up' translate to 'multiple gears' or '36:19'?
For fear of serious recrimination from your physiotherapists, I wasn't being serious. Course is very hilly with a couple of particularly steep sections. I was looking for a vomit tree, running 32/21.

- Joel

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
For fear of serious recrimination from your physiotherapists, I wasn't being serious. Course is very hilly with a couple of particularly steep sections. I was looking for a vomit tree, running 32/21.

- Joel
Disclaimer: Joel was backing up from a wedding the night before so every tree may have been a vomit tree....

axie

Likes Bikes
I just had a look at the profile of the course.

Ross, I assume you will be making yourself available for abuse from us fat bastards after each lap?

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
I just had a look at the profile of the course.

Ross, I assume you will be making yourself available for abuse from us fat bastards after each lap?
I am relying on the fact that you will be too stuffed to chase me when you finish the lap.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
We don't like it when things get to hard. There won't be any calculators required or intricate formulas. The minimum lap requirement for females in a mixed team is 2 laps.
Having said that, teams not abiding by the spirit of mixed racing will no doubt find contrived or creative penalties applied against them so as to discount laps, ensuring the next placed team not being dicks will win.

*Not involved in the organisation of race, just being wishful.

- Joel

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Having said that, teams not abiding by the spirit of mixed racing will no doubt find contrived or creative penalties applied against them so as to discount laps, ensuring the next placed team not being dicks will win.

- Joel
There will be an on course ninja who will deal with these types of issues.

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Any word on catering services? I plan on eating a lot.
Paterson Rotary are taking out their catering van and start serving on Sat at 7am. Burgers, chips, steak sandwhiches, bacon and egg rolls drinks etc. They cater for Tocal field days so this will be a piece of cake for them.

Coffee cart will be on site for the caffeine fix.

Friday night: The Paterson Tavern (around a 2k walk/ride) has a carb loading special on offer so I will be down there with a bowl of pasta and a beer (or two).

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
A question popped up on the PK24 website last night regarding availability of 240v for battery charging.

The answer is yes - there will be 240v for battery charging. Somewhere between 20 and 40 outlets depending on demand.

shoogyboom

Likes Dirt

- Joel
We aren't dicks or serious and only wanted to know how many laps we could guilt our female rider into doing. :)

Last edited: